~CHAPTER ELEVEN~

Dedicated to Iyanuoluwa-Temi for the wonderful cover above ❤. Thanks guys for over 1k reads✨.

APRIL'S POV***

"April?" I swallowed hard and jolted my head up to look at Ian who was standing on the stairs.

"April are you alright?" he asked and stretched his hand for support. I tried to avoid his gaze because of my clumsiness. Jordan came to stand beside Ian and sent me glares before walking upstairs.

I felt like punching him hard but clenched my fists and I snorted. Ian helped me to stand on one toe because my left toe hurt really bad. He placed me gently on the three seated couch in the living room and pulled my leg a little. I winced in pain. He rubbed his palm gently on my big toe and massaged it.

"How much did you hear?" Ian asked and passed me a smug smile.

"Nothing enough to clear my curiosity" I shrugged and inhaled sharply.

'This has to work' 'You think it's easy?' 'I am doing my best'

Those words kept replaying in my head causing me my sanity. I wish I never eaves dropped because one, my evening has been ruined and two I kept plundering on so many possibilities. I had finally gotten on Jordan's bad side not like I have been on his good side anyways.

"I swear Ian, I didn't eavesdrop. I was just coming down stairs when I heard faint voices" I rapped in one breathe without being asked. Ian chucked lightly and twisted my toe a bit, I hissed in pain and he muttered soothing words.

"April, I am sorry about what you're going through. Jordan is going through a lot Give him time, he will come around" he clasped his hands apologetically when the real dude is unrepentant.

I just nodded and passed him a small smile. The pain in my feet had lessened after his soothing massage, can Jordan be any better? At least if could do ten percent of what Ian has done, life will be much better for me here. He stood upright as he was squatting by the foot of the bed and planted a kiss on my forehead. I swear I felt goosebumps, I haven't been kissed like this before.

"I have to get going. Take care and remember, I am just a ring away" he said with a reassuring smile. "Thank you for coming Ian" I replied. He began to walk towards the door and soon he slammed it shut causing a shrill sound. I rolled my eyes and lazily dragged myself up from the couch, leaping on one foot. I decided against going upstairs and settled on the four seated couch.

~•~

For the next three days, Jordan kept treating me like trash like I didn't exist in the mansion. I got really frustrated about the whole scenario. Tessa couldn't come over to keep me company because she has been busy with work lately though I began my online schooling yesterday. Aaron helped me to set everything up including my registration, so it wasn't stressful.

We were having dinner of fried Irish and egg sauce. Jordan was sitting at the edge of the table. He was wearing a creamy color kaftan and as usual looked dead handsome without any effort. He was busy with his phone like nothing else mattered and I sucked in my breathe.

I kept stealing glances at him but he didn't even look my way. After a moment of vexation, I dropped my fork on the ceramic plate causing a shrill sound. I wanted to use that as a prevail to talk to him by apologizing but the look he gave me sealed my lips.

Why did I want to badly have a conversation with him.

"You know what Jordan? I've had enough" I blotted out and banged the table. He didn't look up from his phone, completely not bothered by my agitation. I stared at him not smiling at all.