CHAPTER ONE

-BENJI'S POV-
-7 MONTHS LATER-

I ran in Juice trap before airing out all his niggas

I ran in Juice trap before airing out all his niggas . I wasn't playing with him or his crew no more . I been beefing with so many niggas it doesn't make no sense . It's been hard without Miko because she's not here to help me and make it easier .

That's not the only reason why I miss her though . That was still my shorty . Hopping back in my truck with Brandon , I pulled my hoodie off .

"Yo that shit was wild !" Brandon smiled as she rubbed his hands together . Juice was a known nigga in Cali and I knew once word got out that he was dead , shit was gonna be crazy .

I still haven't found out who killed Miko and just know I am and niggas been talking . I was meeting up with a old friend tomorrow and we was gon talk . I pulled off before driving to the warehouse . Once I pulled up Brandon and I got out , walking inside .

I saddled Polo and Roman before plopping down on the sofa .

"Is it done ?" Polo asked .

"Hell yeah . Juice and his crew off my list ." I said .

"You got every nigga on yo head Benji . You need to chill ." Roman said and i shook my head .

"I'm straight ." I said looking at the time . I know I had kids at the house so I dipped . Getting in my truck , I pulled off to the house . As I was driving , I just let my thoughts wonder . I was so close to finding Miko and Jayla's killer .

I wanted justice for my sister and my baby girl . Shit was gon get done . Pulling up outside my house , I saw all the lights on . I knew Messiah was keeping they ass up . Getting out my truck and walking inside the house , I heard loud crying coming from Nova and Messiah .

I sighed before picking up Messiah and Nova looked at me before wiping away her tears . I picked her up on my other hip before walking upstairs . I took them in my room and sat Nova down . I laid Messiah down and circled him with pillows before rubbing the shower .

Taking a quick shower , I got out before throwing on some boxers and basketball shorts . I cut the light off in the bathroom before picking Messiah up and grabbing Nova's hand walking downstairs .

"Food ?" Nova asked .

"Did Riley feed you ?" I asked as she smiled before shaking her head . I knew Riley fed her . She is greedy as hell . Putting Nova in her highchair , I grabbed Messiah a bottle and gave Nova some noodles since she begged for them .

"She's been up all night and so energetic !" Riley whined .

"Well somebody is gonna sleep good tonight ." I said smiling at her and she mugged me .

-NEXT DAY-

I woke up to feet by my mouth and Messiah looking at me .

"Wassup man ." I said and he laughed as Nova moved around . I picked up Siah before walking in the bathroom and brushing my teeth . Having a baby boy was fun . I could teach him everything he needed to know . Maybe I'll let Kairo give him some lessons . Although I will be second guessing that .

I continued to get ready before walking to Nova . I shook her lightly and she didn't move . Shaking her again , her eyes opened as she just looked straight ahead .

"Come on Nov . We gotta get you ready to go to Aunt Tommie ." I said and she wiped her eyes before reaching for me . I picked her up before walking downstairs . Thank god that the house was quiet . The kids were at school .

I sat them in their highchair before making them some food . After they ate , I got them changed and I laid them down on the bed .

"Stop dropping ya bottle Siah ." I said and he laughed . I got dressed and I looked at the kids . I couldn't do Siah's hair because he wanted to move around and Nova , I got better .

I grabbed the kids bags and walked to my truck before putting them in their car seat . This shit was hard taking care of two kids but then again , it was fun .

"Hungry ." Nova said and I sighed .

"You just ate ." I said and she giggled . I grabbed some fruit snacks out her bag before giving it to her . I strapped them both in and got in before pulling off . Driving to my Aunts house , Siah babbled while Nova looked at him like he was stupid .

Pulling up outside , I honked the horn and my Aunt came out smiling .

"I want Siah baby ." She smiled as she grabbed him out the back seat .

"Aye , don't forget about my baby girl ." I said and she smacked my lips .

"How can I forget about her ? She's first ." She said kissing her cheek . I followed my Aunt inside the house and sat Nova down and she ran to the couch and got on it .

"What you about to do ?" My Aunt asked .

"Meet up with an old friend . He says word been getting around on the streets that they know who killed baby girl ." I said and she nodded .

"Well ain't that something . Be careful Benji ." She said and i nodded .

"Who is this old friend ?" She asked .

"His name is Kain . He real good peoples . He just moved back into town like a few months ago  I shrugged and she nodded .

"Well you better get going ." She said and i nodded as she kissed my cheek and I walked to the kids .

"Ight I'll be back later ." I said to Siah and Nova . I kissed both of their foreheads and walked to the door . Opening it , I saw Princess .

"Hey Benji ." She smiled .

"Wassup Sis ." I said as she gave me a side hug .

"So the kids here !" She squealed loudly before running in the living room and kitchen to see Siah and Nova . I got in my truck before pulling off to Kain's crib .