CHAPTER TWELVE

-AMIKO'S POV-

I sat in the dark room with my hand in the other. I was more worried about my kids and what they did with them.

My impatience was kicking in and I was growing agitated.

"Fuck!" I yelled as I slammed my fist on the metal desk. They had my other hand cuffed but I was still able to do necessary things like scratch my ankle.

The doors opened revealing the agents that pulled me over. I rolled my eyes as I looked at the female.

"Where my kids." I said sternly and she chuckled.

"Their fine. Their in the play pin. Now let's talk the real stuff." She said and I rolled my eyes sitting down.

"What? What you want from me?" I asked.

"We know your have a relationship with Benji. We know you know a lot about his warehouse, his money, his drugs.." She said and that caused me to laugh.

Crazy thing about it was, I didn't know where his stash of money was, his drugs or his new Warehouse.

"I don't know anything and if I did, I wouldn't tell you." I said and she stared at me with annoyance and anger.

"SPEAK UP OR YOUR GOING YO JAIL! No more seeing your babies!" She yelled in my face causing me to mug the shit out of her.

"Like I told you BEFORE! I don't know shit!" I said and she sucked her teeth.

"Fuck all the shit you talking. Give me my kids, so I can leave!" I shouted at her.

She walked with the male officer and they went outside. I let out an breath of vexation. I looked into space for what felt like hours but it was really 5 minutes.

The door opened again and the male officer walked in.

"We're gonna let you go. But just know, we know your every move." He said handing me my keys and I snatched them away.

He lead me to my kids and as soon as I saw them, I smiled. I watched as Nova secured Messiah, making sure nobody came near her or him.

I ran to her, picking her up. I bent down, kissing Messiah's little nose as he laid in his car seat. I  grabbed the handle, walking out the police station.

I got the kids in the car before getting inside seeing my phone on the dashboard, somewhere I didn't put it. I knew they had to do something to it.

Picking it up, I threw it out the window and I fled off. Hours passed and it was becoming day time. I know Benji was worried about us.

Spotting a gas station and a payphone, I took a turn into the parking lot before getting out. I walked to the trunk grabbing bottles out the bag with ice packs to keep them cool.

Handing one to the both of them, I let the windows down, closed and locked the doors. Walking around to the payphone, I stuck some change inside.

Dialing Benji's number, it rung and I finally heard his voice.

"Benji?" I said.

"Miko, where the fuck you at? You got my kids with you and I been calling yo fucking phone! I knew I couldn't trust you just yet!" He yelled and that felt like a punch in the face.

I chuckled at his words.

"Benji, I got pulled over by the DEA." I said shaking my head, still not getting over what he had said when he first answered the phone.

"You what?!" He asked.

" I'm like 40 minutes away from the address you sent me. I'll be there." I said hanging. I got back in the truck and checked on the kids. I pulled off making my way to the destination.

The whole ride, I tried not thinking of what he said.

-BENJI'S POV-

I paced the floor as Aunt Tommie shook her head at me.

"Boy that don't make no sense. Watch what the fuck you say Benji." She said as she flicked through channels.

"I didn't mean to say that though. It just came out." I said.

"SIT YA ASS DOWN! You making me nervous." She said and i plopped down on the couch. I heard doors outside close causing me to jump up.

I walked outside to see Nova walking and Messiah on Miko's hip. I smiled picking Nova up and I looked at Miko as she grabbed their bags out the trunk.

"Mik—."

"I'm not talking to you." She said and i nodded, grabbing the bag from her but she snatched it back.

"I got it!" She yelled at me making me mug the fuck out of her.

"I'm grabbing it for a reason now let it the fuck go!" I shouted back and she let it go walking away.

I shook my head, closing the trunk. I walked in behind her and into the kitchen where the kids were. I sat Nova down and she ran to Taylan.

"Aye Benji, we need you in here." Roman said. Walking into the room they were in, I sat down.

"What." I said.

"Well we got the warehouse settled, the drugs, money, houses is taken care of. The jet is taken care , just give us the word and we ready." Roman spoke and Brandon nodded.

"Well we not going no where until Big jack is fucking taken care of." I said.

"Shit yeah." Polo said making us laugh.