Chapter Two: What?

[March 2nd, 2017]
~Sean~

I woke up in unfamiliar surroundings and sat up quickly, soon realising that was a bad idea as my head started pounding. "Jesus christ, what happened?" I put a hand on my head and winced.

Looking around, I noticed that I seemed to be in Finn's tent. He was still sleeping peacefully next to me. I suddenly realised just how cold it was now that I was sat up. 'Oh my.. where's my hoodie? Why aren't I wearing it? Did we..? Holy shit..' I thought about what I was doing here and what could've happened last night, but the last I could remember was telling Daniel I was gonna stay up with the others and get a haircut.

"Morning sleeping beauty. You're awake a little early for someone who was absolutely wasted last night." Finn yawned and sat up. "How are you feeling?" He looked over to me and smiled. "My.. head hurts.." I looked at him carefully. "Hey, uh, Finn? Did we..?" I trailed off, embarrassed to finish that sentence. "Oh, no. Nothing happened. You were drunk, I didn't dare do anything. Just took you back here so you wouldn't wake the little wolf and put you to bed." He chuckled softly and patted my back. I sighed in relief, glad my first time doing something like that was not when I was drunk.

"Hell, this hangover sucks. You got anything for it?" I asked sleepily, yawning and stretching my arms above my head. "Nice view," Finn chuckled and I hit him lightly in the arm. He handed me painkillers and I smiled appreciatively. "Shut up.." I rolled my eyes playfully at his remarks. "What? You enjoyed my compliments yesterday when I was cutting your hair." He reached over and ran his hand through my hair proudly. "Haha, very funny." I picked up my pillow and threw it at him. "Hey! Not fair!" He threw my hoodie at me, "get dressed, we still have work today."

After a while we were all on the farm again, Cassidy, Hannah, Daniel and I were all inside trimming and everyone else was outside clearing up any remaining mess from the storm.

"So, Sean.. what happened once I went to bed?" Daniel asked curiously. I sighed lightly, "I have no idea. Finn cut my hair, we all talked for a while and then Finn and I went back to his tent. He didn't want me to wake you because I was.. kinda drunk.." I explained as I cleaned off my scissors.

Daniel looked at me and smiled, "do you like Finn..?" He questioned and continued working. I thought for a moment before replying, "He's a good friend, yeah. I think he's nice to talk to, we relate over a lot of things." I thought about Finn and I's conversation after work yesterday. His support meant a lot. "Good! Finn's awesome! He let me throw knives with him yesterday, it was so cool." Daniel exclaimed excitedly. I laughed and rolled my eyes. "'Wooow! Finn's sooo cool! Hannah's so cool! Penny's soo cool! Everyone's so cool!'" I joked and waved my hands about. Cassidy giggled lightly and soon the rest of us joined her, including Daniel.

Not long later it was the end of the day again, and the end of the week. We had gotten our pay and were told that we'd be getting some time off. Apparently Meryl had emergency business to attend to in New York. Must have something to do with his kids.

"Hi honey, how was your day?" Finn greeted as we wandered back towards camp. "It was alright, boring as ever. Daniel said you took him knife throwing yesterday though?" I responded quietly, not really keen on going back to camp. I wanted to figure something out, something Finn and the others didn't know. "Yeah, I did. Don't worry Sean, I kept a watchful eye on him!" He put a hand on my shoulder reassuringly.

"Okay, I'm gonna go do some.. stuff. I'll meet you back at camp later... Yeah..?" I spoke slowly, unsure of exactly what to say. Finn looked at me curiously. "What 'stuff' are you going to do? I can come with you if you like, keep you company." I sighed and looked at him sternly. "Just stuff I've gotta do. It's alright. I can do it alone." I turned away from him and began walking towards my usual clearing. 'crap, my emotions are all over the place. If I don't control myself soon I could end up hurting him.'

I felt a hand on my shoulder as I thought and turned quickly, as I moved I felt the force of the power I was trying to control. Just as suddenly as I turned, Finn flew across the pathway and hit a tree harshly.

"Holy shit! Finn! Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I rushed over to where the older boy had landed, holding his face carefully as I checked his head for wounds. Luckily there was nothing bad enough to draw blood. "Sean..? What the hell just happened..?" Finn spoke, his eyes traveling across my face in bewilderment. "That doesn't matter right now..! Are you alright? Did you hit your head? Did I hurt you? Shit.. Finn, I'm so sorry..." I looked at him and he smiled, shaking his head. "I'm fine Sean, really. Please, talk to me.. what's going on..?" He questioned quietly.

'damn. No point hiding it now. Maybe I can convince him I accidentally pushed him?' I sighed, "nothing. Everything's fine. I just.. got emotional and shoved you. Sorry." Finn patted the ground next to him and I sat down. There was no point running away, he'd either buy the shit or not. "Sean. I know you. That was not just a 'shove'. There was some sort of force.. and I have a feeling you know what it is." He spoke kindly and in a way it reassured me that everything was alright, just like usual.

"I know.. I'm sorry. I know how to talk about it, I just don't know if I want to talk about it." I explained hesitantly, still kind of unsure of if I wanted to tell him my secret.

"Do you trust me, Sean?"

"Of course, Finn."

"Then tell me what's going on."

______________________________

Word count: 1050

I think y'all have partially figured out what's up with Sean by now, yeah?👀