Chapter Seven: Let's Get Out There

[March 4th, 2017]

~Sean~

I awoke with a groan as I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Sean! Wake up! You've gotta help us pack!" Daniel's voice rung in my ears and I winced slightly as I moved to sit up; I may have been in fit enough shape to get up and do stuff, but that didn't make it any less painful when I accidentally put pressure on the bruises that littered my body. "Okay, I'm up.. Give me ten minutes to get ready, alright? I'll meet you and Finn by the fire, enano." He smiled and nodded at me, opening the tent, stepping outside, then closing it again.

I smiled slightly, Daniel and I had spoken about what had happened and made up. I told him we could try and contact mom, but Finn would have to do it, just in case. He'd been overjoyed at the decision and thanked me profusely. I felt like I'd done the right thing. Maybe. We'd just have to be extra careful.

I got dressed carefully and joined the other boys shortly after, stumbling slightly on my injured legs. "Good morning, pup. You sleep well?" Finn smiled. I returned the gesture and nodded, "I did, Daniel and I made up. We're gonna try and find Karen. Even though I don't want anything to do with her, Daniel needs his mom right now. And I think we need the extra support, too." He looked pleased at that, patting the seat next to him for me to sit down. I did as he asked and grinned thankfully when Finn presented me with a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal.

We both ate in silence, Daniel sitting with us too not long after. It was a comfortable silence, however. We were all prepared for what was to come, no matter what that may have been.

"Sean, do you mind if we talk privately? I need some help packing up my tent so we can talk while we do that, if you like." Finn spoke up after a while. Daniel looked at me curiously, unsure of what he was supposed to be doing. "Go put all your stuff in neat piles, enano. I'll put them in our bags after I'm done helping Finn, okay?" Daniel looked hesitant but eventually agreed. Once he was back in our tent I looked over at Finn questioningly, "What's up? What do you need help with?"

"Just some little things. It's more the excuse to talk to you.." He admitted, putting his hand on the back of his neck awkwardly. I chuckled, of course it was. That was so Finn. "Alright, what'd you wanna talk about?" We were back at Finn's tent now, entering the small space carefully. "Your powers." He paused, as if he was contemplating saying anything further. "You've gotta tell little Superwolf, sweetheart. He needs to know, sooner rather than later. You can't afford to lose control and risk hurting him or losing his trust." I sighed, called it.

He was right and I knew it, I was just scared. "Yeah.. I get it. I'll talk to him later today, I promise." I stared at the roof of the tent blankly, I still wasn't quite sure how I'd go about telling Daniel what was up. He was still a little kid, after all. "Hey, look at me." Finn took my chin in his hand and turned my head to face him gently. I tried to avert my gaze but Finn wasn't having it. "Sweetheart, please, look at me. I wanna make sure you understand what I'm saying." He spoke again, firmer this time, yet still gentle.

I finally brought my gaze up to meet his, my right eye staring into his blue ones curiously. I'd never seen him so serious before. "Look, Sean. I know it's scary, I get it. You're doubting yourself because you don't wanna lose your brother, and that's okay. But.. you've gotta do it one way or another.. and I know you wanna do it safely. You can't risk him finding out accidentally; keeping secrets from the people you care about makes them feel as if you don't trust 'em. You'd get a much more negative reaction from Daniel if you don't tell him directly." I said nothing, I couldn't find the words. He was right, but he couldn't change how I felt about myself.