Chapter 11: I Need You Here

[March 24th, 2017]

~Sean~

I awoke to an arm around my waist, feeling someone's breath on the back of my neck. I turned around to face the person behind me carefully, smiling at the sight of Finn's peaceful face. I lifted my hand almost unconsciously to fiddle with his hair, jumping back slightly in surprise as Finn opened his eyes sleepily. "Good morning.." He spoke huskily, his voice deep with the remains of sleep. "Hi.." I felt my face heat up at the fact that he'd caught me messing with his hair and the sudden realisation that he was still holding my waist. Also, his voice was.. really nice.. in the mornings.

It'd been about two weeks since we first arrived in Away and we'd settled in quite nicely, Daniel mostly. I had been allowed to use my powers as much as I wanted, after much suspicion. I hadn't been very sure about being open with my powers before but everyone, including Karen, had been incredibly welcoming to my differences.

Finn, Daniel and I had decided that we'd continue to stay here until it was no longer safe to do so. Karen estimated that word of what happened in California would probably get to the nearest proper town by the middle of April at the most, which wasn't a lot of time at all. I just hoped we'd get to spend Daniel's birthday in safety.

"How'd you sleep, sweetheart?" Finn smiled softly and I returned the gesture.

"I slept.. really well, actually. How about you, querido?" I winked at him and he looked at me curiously, obviously not understanding the Spanish. I chuckled and rolled my eyes, "Don't worry, nothing bad" He patted my head with his free hand, nodding to let me know it's okay.

"I slept alright. There was this guy who kept snoring, though.." I felt myself blush at that. How embarrassing..

I laughed nervously, "Oops.. Sorry.." Finn just laughed, messing up my already bad bed hair playfully.

"It's okay, it was kinda cute." He sat up and yawned, stretching his arms above his head as he did so. I stared at him a little, the scars and bruises on his body just seemed to make him more perfect. He smiled as he noticed my gaze on him. "Hey, my eyes are up here, sweetie.." He teased. I shook my head in embarrassment. He always caught me looking.

"I know that.." I retaliated, making eye contact with him suddenly. His eyes widened for a second before he smirked softly at my remark. "Oh, really? Because you seem to be rather focused on everything but my face, honey." I nodded slowly and shifted slightly where I was sat. "It's hard not to stare, cariño.." We were looking at each other with a sort of intensity now, an unusual tension in the air. "That's.. really hot." Finn looked at me carefully as he spoke, as if he was interested in taking our current conversation further yet didn't want to risk crossing any boundaries.

"I can tell.." I motioned to him and I saw his face heat up in realisation. I couldn't help but laugh at that, it was oddly cute when he got embarrassed. I fell silent as he moved closer, putting his hands on mine, leaned into my ear and whispered, "You look like you've got your own problem too, sweetheart.." and with that, I fell back beneath him with a sharp breath.

The next thing I knew we were laying together again, both exhausted and content in each other's arms.

"Holy shit. We just did that." I breathed out as I regained my composure. Finn chuckled from beside me, running a hand through my hair slowly. "Yeah.. we did.." he paused to consider what he'd say next before continuing, "Did you... like it? I just.. don't want things to be awkward.."

I turned so I was facing him properly and rolled my eyes playfully before looking Finn in the eyes again. "Finn. If I thought I'd regret anything I'd have stopped you right at the first comment. I'm done with regretting things, done with regretting my feelings. Do you really think I dragged you all this way just because I thought you were cool? No! I brought you all this way because I care about you! You're here because I love you. If I'd left you back in California.. I don't know where I'd be right now. You've helped me so much and I'll never regret anything that we share. No moment with you is a bad one, even when you're being a pain in the ass..." I smiled at him, worried tears welling up in my good eye.

He stared at me blankly for a moment before he began to cry, wrapping his arms around me and snuggling his face into my chest. "Woah- Are you okay? Shit, Finn, if I said something wrong-" I began, only to be cut off by him placing his lips on mine passionately.

"I love you so fuckin' much, Sean Diaz. I wanna be with you forever; no matter what. This whole journey has been the single best experience of my whole life and I never, ever, want it to end." We were both crying now, not out of worry or fear, but out of relief. We were both so overwhelmed by our love for each other that we couldn't even form sentences, so we didn't. We just lay together until we had to get up for the day, basking in each other's company.

___________________________________

Word Count: 924

This one's sweet, I really like it!! Our boys are finally confessing :'))