8

It wasn't easy to fight in the staircase compared to back when we fought in the classroom. There wasn't much space and I had nothing to pick up to use as a weapon or a shield.

Facing Jibeom's constant attacks with his fountain pen I could do nothing but dodge him.

At this moment he threw a bunch of triangular rulers with sharp edges towards me, and I dodged all of them as I ran up the staircase, making the weapons all stab the wall instead of me.

"What should I do?" I thought to myself.

I pull out the pink gun that I kept in my pocket and shot at him a few times. And of course he successfully dodged all of them.

Was he orginally that good at fighting?

Fighting is a basic skill for all killers, but we barely use it for our missions. After all most people we kill are just normal people in the society, at least more normal than us. We kill, but we don't have to fight, so this may be why I'm panicking, just like the last few times we encountered.

And now what should I do? Will I be able to keep dodging him until he ran out of weapons? Or will I get killed as soon as I lose all my strength? With me being at the disadvantaged side, how should I turn this around?

I suddenly remembered something.

His weakness... is me.

How will I be able to take advantage of this?

Jibeom threw another triangular metal ruler at me, however this time I didn't dodge it and let it stab my left arm.

"No worries, it's just a bit of pain," I thought to myself as I endured the sharp pain caused by the seemingly small injury. I then looked at Jibeom. Did it work?

It did, unexpectedly.

Seeing me getting hit by his weapon, his eyes widened. I couldn't tell what his expressions say. Was he shocked? Or was he scared? And most importantly, did he not expect me to get hit?

After a few seconds, as if turning into another person, he suddenly ran towards me. It was sudden, and he was so quick that I almost couldn't react to the situation.

Fortunately I was in time to block him with my left forearm when he tried to kick me. And when I realized he was looking for something in the belt bag he was carrying, I punched him in the stomach, making him take a few steps backwards.

And when he ran to me again, he grabbed me by the shoulders and swung me at a direction as he let go.

When I couldn't feel my feet touching the ground, I realized that he threw me off the stairs.

Shit.

This will either cause a huge injury or even death.

Is this the end?

I closed my eyes, ready to land. As I hit the ground, I felt sharp pain in both the back of my head and my back, mostly in my back because that's where it landed.

Thank god, I could've died instantly from the fall.

"Ah, dammit..." I groaned as I tried to sit up but couldn't since I was still suffering from the pain.

I then heard footsteps getting louder and louder. Jibeom came to me. I opened my eyes when the sound of footsteps stopped, just to see Jibeom crouching down next to me. He leaned down, so close to me that his face was just inches away.