Koishiteru

Disclaimer
I don't own Avatar The Last Airbender
The drawings I will post in this story I have found on pintrest,
I have not drawn them, if any of you send me drawings you will be credited of course
I only own my ocs and their story
This book is fiction, any names, places or event similar
to real life are by coincidence
Copying any part of this book is not allowed

─────━┿──┿━─────

In a world without the Avatar, the people desperately craved a savior, someone to end the tyranny of the Fire Nation. This saviour had to be the Guardian, the one who could wield two elements. Then the world heard what child had become the Guardian, it was Princess Akemi of the Fire Nation, Fire Lord Ozai's eldest child. The world lost hope, blind loyalty of a daughter to her father and of a princess to her nation would cloud the Guardian's judgement and she would fight against the rest of the world. Everyone failed to see however that young Akemi was perceptive and would lead an unexpected life.

Stern and with a temper to match her Nation's element, Akemi carved her own path. When her brother was banished, Akemi didn't hesitate to follow him. The majority of Zuko's exile, Akemi spent by his side, aiding him in his impossible quest to regain his honour.

All that time outside of the castle walls opened Akemi's eyes and she finds her worldview cracking, ideals changed and loyalties shifted. Akemi betrayed people she should have betrayed years before and people she never should've. Still she finds anchors in unexpected friends and a boy who used to be her enemy.

In the midst of political intrigue and battles, Akemi faced the darkest corners of her soul, questioning everything she once believed. Her choices and sacrifices as the Guardian intertwined with the destiny of nations, leading her to confront her deepest fears and insecurities.

This isn't the story of some girl becoming who she was meant to be, this is the story of Akemi paving her own road and shaping her destiny.

─────━┿──┿━─────

Cast:
(since they're animated these
are some characters that look similar
to my oc, and their gifs will be used for
my oc)

Princess Akemi of the Fire Nation
ah-kenm-I
╔═══════════════╗
the guardian
╚═══════════════╝

Princess Akemi of the Fire Nation ah-kenm-I╔═══════════════╗the guardian╚═══════════════╝

Zento of the Fire Nation
ZZehn-toh
╔═══════════════╗
the cruel
╚═══════════════╝

Zento of the Fire NationZZehn-toh╔═══════════════╗the cruel╚═══════════════╝

This is book 1 in the Guardian's Legacy Series
Next book:
Sōrumeito

A/N
1 I try to update every month at least once, but I will probably miss some here and there.
2 This book will contain mature themes, such as: Death, mental health problems, etc...
3 Flashbacks are in italics

First published: 26 May 2020
Completed:...