[33] Fuck the Police | The Bell Tower I | Tease

We sprinted until we ended up in town, hanging around discarded chairs, trash cans and old cardboard boxes. I could hear the blood in my veins pumping from all the adrenaline in my body. My chest heaved as I ran a hand down my face, trying to calm my nerves.

My head snapped to the sky as I heard the familiar drumming of a plane. I grounded my teeth as I cursed inwardly.

"There goes the gold," Pope cursed, putting his hands on his head. I sucked in a breath as JJ kicked a stack of cardboard boxes next to me, cursing as he hit it.

I flinched as Pope picked up a rock, chucking it with all his might across the  little shack we were in. "FUCK!" He screeched, picking up an old baseball bat. He smashed an tattered box, sending all the dirt and dust flying as he hit it continuously, unleashing all his frustrations. "SHIT! FUCK!"

He moved on to glass, shrinking away as it bursted, the shards flying towards him. He hit a microwave, breaking the door off of it as he let out battle cries. I watched in horror as my friend completely lost his shit.

He swung aimlessly, looking for anything to hit. Screaming and yelling as he came into contact with random things. JJ looked between Kiara and I, wondering what our next move was.

"Pope?" Kiara called to him, trying to get him to calm down. But he didn't listen, instead he picked up a trash can and flung it across the room, yelling as it rattled against the ground. He started to hyperventilate as he came down from his angered-high. "Pope!"

He took a seat, taking short and rapid breaths. His face twisted in pain as his lips quivered, his vulnerability showing.

"Yeah, dude," JJ encouraged him, walking towards his friend with an understanding look on his face. "I was wondering when this was gonna happen."

My brows creased with confusion as JJ offered Pope his Juul, which I knew had THC pods. I watched curiously if Pope was going to take it or not.

"Here you go, chief." Pope stared skeptically at the drug being offered to him. His tearful eyes darting between JJ and the Juul. "A little weed never hurt nobody," JJ nudged along.

"JJ," Kiara warned, sending him glares. But JJ's hand didn't falter. It stayed in front of Pope's face, tempting him. "Relax, Kie," JJ told her, brushing off her warning.

"You know he doesn't smoke," Kie replied, shaking her head.

"That doesn't mean he never will," I added, shrugging my shoulders. Pope's shaky hand snatched the Juul from JJ's.

"Well, maybe not until today," JJ said, replying to what Kiara said a few seconds ago. Pope stared at the Juul, his eyes studying it as if it was a test. JJ plopped down next to Pope, settling on the old couch.

"Pope," Kiara started. "What is that gonna help?"

"I lost my scholarship," he croaked, looking up at Kiara. "Walked out in the middle of the interview. Every– It's gone. It's not gonna happen."

"You did that for us?" Kiara mumbled, her voice barely above a whisper.

"No, not for us," Pope said, narrowing his eyes as he stood up to Kiara. "For nothing."