Ghost Stories

This first story actually happened to my mom and my aunt while they were little, and I thought it was a fitting one-shot story. The second one is a ghost story that my aunt's friend told us while we were camping with an extra part at the end which I added. Enjoy :)

Sabrina and Daphne had just moved into their third foster home. It was midnight. They were laying in a big bed, in a big room, in a big old barn house, in the middle of nowhere, and it was pitch black. The owners of the house were an elderly couple, who seemed nice, but were indeed crazy and shouldn't have been allowed to gain any custody of children.

Daphne was stuck to Sabrina like glue all day, and the night was no different. The poor little girl was terrified out of her mind, she was going to scare herself sick. It was so dark she couldn't even see her hand if she held it inches from her face. Then, she heard the door creak open. Daphne shook her sister awake.

"Sabrina," she whispered. "I just heard the door open." The girl told her sister, who was still half asleep.

"Ugh, Daphne, it was nothing." Sabrina groaned. "Just go back to sleep, we'll be back at the orphanage soon, trust me." The older sister rolled over onto her side and the hairs on the back of Daphne's neck stood up.

Something was breathing heavily, and it was mere centimeters behind her. The girl whipped around, but there was nothing there. At least, nothing there that she could see. She shook her sister awake again.

"Sabrina, someone was just behind me, I swear!" Daphne said in a hushed whisper. Sabrina gave her younger sister an irritated look.

"Daphne, there's nothing there, just go to sleep already," she said. "And don't wake me up again unless it's important - actually important." Sabrina added harshly before rolling over onto her side again.

Daphne laid back down and tried to go back to sleep, but she couldn't. Her mind was fixated on the heavy breathing on the back of her neck. She shuddered and scooted closer to her sister. A few minutes passed, and the breathing started again. But this time it was right on her face, and the hot breath was almost enough to trigger her gag reflex.

"Sabrina, Sabrina, turn the lights on!" The young girl exclaimed, ready to cry. The older sister sighed, rolled out of bed, and turned the lamp on.

"There, hap- OH MY GOD." Sabrina jumped back in shock, knocking a painting off of the wall. There was a giant black dog standing over Daphne. The little girl scurried away to her sister's side. Neither girl had noticed a big black dog when they first arrived. The old man walked into the room.

"Oh, I see you've met Charlie. Good boy, that Charlie. Picked him up on my way back from work," he said to the girls.

●  ●  ●

Puck was driving down a dirt road in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night. He was heading back home from a friend's house. Suddenly, one of his tires went flat. The young man dug around in his trunk, and managed to find a spare tire, but couldn't find the jack. He looked around, and saw a house with the lights on about half a mile away. He headed towards it, praying that the owners would be awake at such an ungodly hour. Puck knocked on the front door, but there was no answer. Then he turned the door knob, it was unlocked. The fairy let himself inside and looked around for someone. He walked into the back room and did a double take. Laying in the corner was a coffin.

Naturally, the young man approached and touched the coffin - as one would. But then the coffin moved a little. Puck startled and started backing away, but the coffin rattled itself until it was standing up on it's end. The fairy ran up the stairs, the coffin following close behind. He jiggled every door knob of every door, but they were all locked - except for the room at the end of the hall.

Puck threw the door open, it was the bathroom. The coffin had him backed into a corner. Then, what Puck was dreading the most happened. The coffin door swung open, revealing a face he knew well - a face he never wanted to see again.

"F-father?" He stuttered, pressing his back against the wall. The corpse didn't reply, but it's eyes shot open, scaring Puck half to death.

"I will return, son..." His father's dead body said in a deteriorating voice. "Just remember that I will always be watching, no matter where you go. You cannot hide from me..."

Puck unfurled his wings and flew out the window. He flew and flew and flew, until he had flown all the way home. The young man banged on the door, his heart racing and tears pouring down his face. Sabrina opened the door and Puck fell into her arms.

"Puck, what happened?" His arch nemesis asked. But the fairy didn't reply, he just started sobbing. Sabrina pulled Puck closer to her and stroked his hair.

"Shhhh, shhh, it's okay. You're okay," the young woman said softly as the crying man nuzzled his face into her shoulder. "You're safe here." she pulled the young man into a hug, who quickly returned the favour.