Graveyard

Puck had just moved in with the Grimms, and Sabrina noticed something odd about the boy. He'd sneak out every night and return after about two hours. Every time they were out in public and a small child happened to be near, he got tongue tied and choked up whenever he tried to speak. So, one night, she decided to follow him out.

When she heard his bedroom door creak open, she stood by her door and waited for the sound of him going down the stairs. Sabrina then snuck downstairs and followed the fairy out of the house. She expected him to unfurl his wings and fly away, but he kept his feet on the ground.

Puck looked down and loosely held a pink rose in his hand. She remembered that pink roses meant friendship, but who could he have been friends with? And why did he look so sad?

Puck walked along the side of the road and Sabrina followed. They walked passed farms and other houses. Sabrina could barely see where he was, so she picked up the pace a little.

The two walked for maybe twenty minutes, until they came across two large iron gates and an iron fence surrounding a large patch of grass. A graveyard...

Sabrina gasped and Puck whipped around. She held her breath. He either didn't see her or didn't care that she was there, because he continued into the graveyard. Puck pushed open the rusty iron gate with a loud creeeak.

Sabrina followed him around and nearly stepped on the back of his heels when he stopped and sat down in front of a grave. Puck gently placed the rose before the tomb stone.

"Hey, Gregory, it's me. Sorry I haven't been around as much, the old lady had me move in with her. It's nice, you know. She's nice. She would've liked you," he said softly. Sabrina's heart shattered. She felt awful for the boy, no matter how much they hated eachother. Sabrina sat down next to Puck and he jumped slightly.

"Grimm," he whispered. "Did you follow me?" Puck sat up. Sabrina nodded. Puck sighed and glanced at the tomb. "I guess I have a story to tell..."

"This is Gregory McClain. He was the last child I ever kidnapped. You know, fairies kidnap children and spread diseases, all that jazz. Well, after I kidnapped Gregory, I couldn't bring it upon myself to hurt him, and I still don't know why. So instead of returning him to his family, I raised him as my own. For nine years, I had a friend. A son, almost. Then one night when he was eleven, wolves attacked us. I couldn't save him," Puck sighed. There was a long pause where neither of them spoke.

"I left his body somewhere where I hoped the humans would find him and give him a proper burial. I watched his parents cry upon seeing their missing son laying in a pool of his own blood...and I've never been the same since."

Sabrina was speechless. She didn't know what to say. Well, what was there to say? So instead of speaking, she wrapped her arms around Puck. He hadn't been hugged in decades, and the warmth from Sabrina's embrace made him feel like a little kid again. Puck hugged her back and started sobbing into her shoulder. Sabrina caressed his head and pulled him closer to her. They stayed like that, chest to chest, for what felt like eternity.

They didn't care that the other person was their enemy, they didn't care that they were showing vulnerability to eachother, they simply didn't care. All they cared about was sitting there in their embrace, cradling the other in their arms.