Chapter Seventeen; The Daring

❝  𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳, 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯

𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘴𝘰𝘧𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘥𝘦𝘦𝘱

𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶  ❞

    Something hasn't felt quite right since Percy arrived to her former home. At first, Percy did everything in her power to ignore the tugging feeling in the back of her head. Did her best to ignore the feeling that something was coming...something bad.  She didn't know what it could be as she had never felt something like this. It was bewildering to say the least. Even her dreams were clouded in cryptic mystery. Yet, they somehow still manged to be ever so terrifying. Percy shook her head as she tried to clear her head of the fears that were plaguing her. She had to remind herself to be happy after all she's with her favorite person. She's with Cisco and they were happy. They were more than normal; she didn't no longer had to worry about saving the fate of the entire world. She was free from the crippling grasp of former prophecies. Percy was finally free to just live her life without fear of unpreventable death - sure, there's still monsters out to get her but she could handle them easily - but defying a prophecy is WAY different kind of beast. Yet, something within her was telling her to be careful - to be alert.

    " You okay?" Cisco asked her sincerely as he noticed a look of frustration briefly cross the female demigod's face. She looked at him with momentarily surprise as she hadn't realized that she was making a face. She blinks in surprise before causally shrugging it off.

    " I REALLY need coffee. Like now!" She states in fake annoyance as she portrays that of vivid tiredness. Cisco seems to buy into her little white lie as they made there way down the hallway and into the living room where her mother awaited them both.

      " SURPRISE!" Yelled her best friends as the eight of them all raced towards the daughter of Poseidon. Percy let out a small yelp as Jason was first to trap her in one of his super tight bear hugs, then next was Piper who hugged next her, followed Thalia who messed up her hair at the same time. By the time she got to her Wise Girl, Percy's arms and chest ached from incredibly tight embraces. Annabeth looked at her ex girlfriend with soft smile. The former couple were still amazingly close post break up and the daughter of Athena was overjoyed to see her childhood friend happy, but the blonde could tell something was wrong with Percy. The blonde had spent a huge portion of her life with the daughter of Poseidon and knew every single mannerism of hers. For example, when ever Percy is nervous she tends to get super talkative or crack more jokes to seem like she's fine, but she far from begging okay. Annabeth can tell from Percy's small akward shifts and fleeting glances to the door the front door that the girl is on high alert.