I Think The Soldier Likes Me (Part 1/3)

Jess Black has been in a cage for the past 3 days. Captured by one of Jacob's men, she was sitting on the cold hard ground awaiting her trial day. She had never met Jacob but has heard all kinds of stories about him & therefore was eager to kill him.
She heard footsteps as she looked in front of her cage to see the soldier standing looking down at her.
"This one has more fight in her than I thought. Spare her. We will not put her in the trials." Jacob ordered his men as he walked away. Jess shot up & gripped the bars shouting for the man to come back & to let her out but all she got was a Cultist shouting for her to shut up.
Jess sat back down on the ground as she placed her hands over her face & growled in frustration.
Once midnight came, the soldier returned to her cage & had a bowl of food sliding it through the cage bars.
"You're too skinny to fight. Put some meat on your bones." He ordered as Jess just gave him an eye roll & looked back at the ground.
"Eye roller huh? What's your name?" He asked. Nothing in response.
"Well until I get an answer I guess your name is eye roller." He said frustratedly. Jess just continued to stare at the ground as Jacob stood up & walked away leaving the bowl of food for the starved girl.
After he was gone, Jess grabbed the food from the bowl & ate until there wasn't even a crumb left of it before sliding back down into her depressed state awaiting for morning. Unable to sleep, she just sat there & stared at the ground almost believing she was going crazy.

The next day, Jacob walked past the girls cage admiring the sleeping sight as she was finally asleep for once. "Wake up Eye Roller." He ordered as the girl fluttered awake. "What do you want?" She said angrily as she clenched her teeth & stared at the ground some more.
"I want to know your name." Jacob demanded the girl.
"It's Eye Roller." Jess replied with a smart tone as Jacob turned his head away trying to control his temper.
He reached for the silver key around his neck unlocking the cage & stepping inside as he kneeled down to Jess & whispered in her ear gripping her hair too tight to break free.
"Listen! Until I know your name & you tell me what you know about the Wolf's Den & Eli Palmer, you'll rot in this cage. I tried to be nice & give you some food but I'm not going to do that anymore! You're gonna rot in this cage starved & dehydrated until you tell me what I want to know!" He demanded as he backhanded Jess across the face leaving blood dripping from her lip before getting up & walking out shutting the door behind him.
Jess sat confused on whether or not she should betray the man who gave her a life or die by the man who can take away her life.