I think the soldier likes me (2/3)

It had been 3 weeks since Jacob last spoke to Jess or even checked on her. Jess was in her cage rotting as he said. She hasn't eaten a single crumb or drank a single drop of water.
She was getting weaker by the minute & feared to herself she would die within 2 more days. She barely had the strength to blink anymore.
Jacob decided to go check on her again so he approached her cage shocked by what he had seen. Jess was laying on the ground barely able to move with her skin so pale & her lips were dry & peeling.
Jacob felt ashamed of himself for what he did to the once gorgeous girl he thought & took the key from his neck opening the cage door as he walked inside & carefully picked up the girl bridal style & took her inside his Veteran's Centre.
He took her in a room next to his & laid her in the bed as he called in one of his doctor's to give her the required medical care & within 2 days Jess was surprisingly back on her feet.
Jacob walked in her room to see Jess laying in the bed looking out the window.
"Looking better already." Jacob said with a smirk as Jess still remained silent to him.
"Do you wanna tell me your name now?" Jacob asked lifting an eyebrow at Jess. She had thought about her previous state knowing he wasn't joking about "rot in your cage" words & decided to speak.
"Jess Black". She replied.
Jacob was shocked by the reply of the girl & sat on the edge of the bed with her.
"So you do have a name? Looks like you're no longer eye roller." Jacob said chuckling a little.
Jess covered herself with the sheets & looked out the window some more as she was trying to hide the fact that she was catching feelings for Jacob. She knew he had feelings for her too. It was hilarious to Jess as she watched the soldier try to hide his feelings.
Jacob stood up & cupped the girl's cheeks in his hands as he looked her in the eyes.
"You're mine now." He said as he planted a kiss on her forehead & walked out of the room. Jess smiled as she continued to look out the window of the Veterans Centre.
Jess knew Jacob had a crush on her but he didn't think she knew. After all the Seed siblings were psychotic.
Weeks went by & things looked ok in Jess's eyes. Jess had shelter, comfort, food, water, clothes, & so much more. Jess felt as if her life was just beginning. Pretty soon, Jacob called Jess into his office & sat down with her.
"Listen. I want you to live a good long life. But it's not the plan in Joseph's eyes. He says love is a great thing but in the eyes of a traitor, it's weakness. As well in my eyes. Love is weakness. I'm sorry. You'll be returned to your cage tomorrow Jess." Jacob said as he then placed his hands on his face & groaned in anger & frustration.
Jess was heartbroken. Just when she felt everything would be ok & better than before, but then things were taking a turn for the worse. She wanted a life with Jacob & a second chance with Joseph & his people but she knew Jacob couldn't do anything.
"I understand. But...why give me hope if you're just going to tear me apart." Jess replied softly before walking out of the office & going to lay in her comfortable bed for the last night.
Jess thought about Jacob's words & about Joseph Seed. She thought about how tomorrow, everything would just disappear like it never happened, how her life was so good for a split second that it could've been a dream. Jess wondered that if she woke up, she would still be in a cage & that all this was just a bad dream. But it wasn't. It was real.

That night, Jacob stayed up all night unable to sleep. He couldn't stop thinking about how tomorrow, the beautiful woman he had a crush on was forced to be returned to her cage & would be executed as there was nothing he could do about it.
Jess stayed up all night because she kept thinking about how this was a dream & how Jacob betrayed her.

The next morning, Jacob woke Jess up at 5:38am in a rush with a very violent plan.
"Jess...I have a plan. It's crazy but you have to trust me." Jacob said orderly as Jess nodded & listened.
"You will be executed by Joseph today. I don't want my brother to have his way & kill you..." Jacob was cut off by Jess when she stated.
"So you want to do it."
Jacob felt heartbroken that the innocent girl who stood before him was already on his path knowing his plan.
"Jacob...how will you do this?" Jess asked as a tear ran down her cheek. Jacob wiped away the tear with his hand.
"I will wait until Joseph aims at you & then I will shoot you." Jacob demanded his plan.
Jess cried some more as she nodded in acceptance that things had to be this way.
That there was no other way out.
So she got ready as Jacob led her out to the wooden post where he tied her hands around it as Joseph stood before her next to Jacob.