Stuck With Joseph

I fluttered my eyes open as my vision adjusted. I looked down at my hands. I was sitting on the floor in a bunker with my handed strapped to a bed. I looked over on the floor & saw Dutch laying lifeless on the floor with blood stains on his head & a bloody pipe nearby. Over in the corner, was Joseph Seed sitting with his hands on his face.
"Deputy. You've made a big mistake. You've ruined the world. The Collapse has come. Now I could release you up above, kill you here, or...spare you." He said kneeling down towards me.
"I will not do that though. I will not kill you. I will not hurt you. I will make you understand that I forgive you. For your own guilt will kill you before I can." He spoke sternly before getting up & walking out of the room.

I shouted & begged for him to let me go & not leave me here but no response came back. I stayed on this floor in this very spot for the whole day. Or at least hours. I couldn't tell if it was day or night.

The next morning came & Joseph came back in the room & sat down next to me on the ground.
"You must be feeling awful." He said sorrowful. I shook my head looking at the ground.
"I...I'm sorry." I said hesitantly as I felt my eyes start to water followed by a tear or two go down my cheek.
Joseph placed a hand on my shoulder & looked me in the eyes.
"You're forgiven. I forgive you. But now you will see." He said before placing his head against mine. He stood up & walked away coming back with his book & a Bliss flower. He removed the straps on my wrists. "Be good." He said before walking away leaving the book & flower on the floor next to me.
I reached for the book & opened it as I began to read every word on every page until the very end.
After what felt like days, I had finished his book & laid against the bed with the knowledge & understanding of Joseph Seed. Joseph came in the room & saw me looking at the open book on the ground.
"You finished my book?" He asked confused.
"Yes. I thought that's what you wanted." I replied hesitantly.
Joseph gave me a small smile as he kneeled down & pressed his forehead against mine once again.
"You have been forgiven for your actions. You understand your purpose. It's to protect. When all this is over you will be my Judge. For if you Judge me it's pure & true." He whispered to me removing his head from mine.
"Joseph give me a mask. I'm scared. I feel so guilty. They'll all hate me." I replied thinking about the word "they" as there could be no one left in the world.
Joseph handed me a mask saying "once on never off...unless around me." He looked at me with a smile as I placed the mask on my face & he gave me my name. The Judge.
"You speak nothing more than to me." He said before walking out of the room.

Thank you @llpmac1
For your amazing idea.