I think the soldier likes me (3/3)

Jess silently cried as she sat tied to the wooden post at gunpoint of Joseph Seed knowing that she wouldn't last another minute.
Jacob kneeled down next to Jess as he whispered in her ear "I'm sorry it had to be this way." Jess nodded as Jacob walked back to Joseph's side.
"Traitors must be dealt with accordingly. We do not harm...we release." Joseph said before he raised the gun at Jess's chest.
Jess stared at the ground as she didn't want to watch her own death & the look on Jacob's face.
"Wait! Let me do it." Jacob demanded Joseph as Jess looked up.
"She's my responsibility. Let me take care of it." Jacob said once again as Joseph reminded his glasses & places them on his forehead.
Joseph whispered something into Jacob's ear before handing him the gun. Jacob approached Jess as he kneeled down & whispered in her ear "I'll miss the shot. Pretend to be dead."
He then got up & walked back to Joseph. Aiming the gun he shouted "traitors shall be released!" Before firing the gun.

The bullet struck the ground inches from Jess's chest. Jess let her head fall to the side as she pretended to be dead & all the Cultist's cheered for the "death" of the traitor.
Jacob walked over & picked up Jess's body swinging it over his shoulders as he carried her to a transfer truck & laid her down inside it.
He exhaled with deep sorrow & even shed a tear for the first time in a while. He slipped a note inside her pocket as he covered her up with a blanket & whispered in her ear "I love you" before kissing her lips & shutting the truck door.

After what felt like hours, the truck came to a stop & Jess was picked up by a Cultist & thrown into a pit with other bodies.
After the truck drove away & the area was clear, Jess removed the blanket from her & looked around. Nothing. Just forests & cliffs. Jess didn't know where she was & had no sight of Hope County.
She remembered the note Jacob slipped in her pocket as she reached in & pulled it out.
Unfolding it...she read.

I'm sorry things had to be this way.
You're not a traitor.
Bodies get dumped far from Hope County.
You should be near Missoula.
Please don't come back. For your safety.
I love you.
-Jacob

Jess folded up the note & cried as she slipped it back in her pocket. She sat on the cold hard ground & cried into her lap as she tried to find her way home.

5 YEARS LATER
It had been 5 years since Jess was dropped off far from Hope County by Jacob.
Jess kept the note from Jacob to help her remember that having a good life is possible.
Jess married a man named Dave Fowler in Missoula on a small farm with cows & has a daughter named Ella & a son Wallis both 3 years old.
Even though Jess has made good & peace in her life, she never stopped bow hunting & she'll never love someone as much as she did for Jacob.