The Start Of Something New

It was the day after the whole debacle of my first class

It was the day after the whole debacle of my first class. People make sure to stay out of my way after it. Others just don't care. Which I'm kinda glad about, I came here for a fresh start meaning friends. Not trying to have a chick-flick moment, but I would like some friends before I finish high school.

Shaking my head to clear those thoughts, I see the lunch lady waiting. "Oh, sorry." Choosing a slice of pizza and salad, I turn to find a table. Seeing that no one was willing to have me, I saunter to the back of the room. There I see a mass of blonde hair, taking a deep breath I take my chance. "Is this seat taken?" The blonde mass looks up, I see a slight surprise in her brown eyes. "Um n-no." I smile at her and take a seat. "Hope you don't mind, I don't exactly have anyone to talk to."

The piercing stare of brown eyes makes it difficult to not snap at her. "What? Is something wrong? I can go if you'd like." She shakes her head, the blonde mass moving with the motion. "N-no. It's fine, it's just no one r-really sits m-much less talks to m-me." She stutters. Oh god, I know what this. Everyone excludes her because she's different. "Really? You seem like such a nice person." I see the blood that rushes to her cheeks and smile. "I'm serious. Here's the deal, we can be friends as long as you tell me all the gossip I've missed."

She nods her head. "B-but I don't even know your name." Well, that surprises me all people can talk about is me. "Oh well, I'm Rylan. Rylan Adams." I put my perfectly tanned handout, she grabs her, in comparison to mine, pale hand and puts it in mine. "I'm Evelyn Reyes. G-glad to meet you." We both smile at each other. Then the bell rings. Ugh. My class is in history. Yay.

I turn to Evelyn and say to her, "I guess ill see you tomorrow then." She looks at me excited. "Ye-yeah sure. Bye, Rylan." I give her a one-armed hug."See ya." Great, now I'm by myself again. History here I come.