Memoirs From A War Forgotten #2: Marksman Vicky Callinghan

5 Years Before The Butterfly Incident

Second Insurgency War

2 Weeks Before Operation "Piercing Sword"

"Red Tower", Precinct

40 Miles Away From F.O.B "Dylan" And 20 Miles Away From F.O.B "Jasper"

"Do you see anything?" said the soldier to my left.

I kept quiet.

He cleared his throat.

"Do you see anything?" said the soldier again.

I stopped looking through my scope and let out a sigh.

"Do I look like I'm chambering a round in this rifle?" I said sarcastically.

I look over to him just as I said that.

"Uh no?" said the soldier.

"Then there's nothing," I said ending the conversation.

"Why did they had to hook me up with this Arab rookie," I questioned in my mind.

I look through my scope again.

The city down there is busy. except for some broken walls and some concrete barriers blocking parts of the streets it didn't stop the people from living there lives down there. I see children running around a back alley playing something, and shop owners selling products. I see people walking forwards and backwards in this huge crowd. I see battle scars on these buildings that was home to the dead fighting in there. It never seems to amaze me how people can live though this insurgency without questioning if their family members are insurgents. Guess its the little hope they hold on to while we do the dirty work, and they get caught in it.

I scanned the area with my M24 rifle. Its chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO Armor Piercing rounds. I decked it with its 7X Sniper Scope, and a PEQ laser. Since I'm not on the ground running around I have a Bipod strapped to it as well.

Just as I scanned over some people talking on the sidewalks I see our Security Team doing our usual frisking and patrolling in the city

Just as I scanned over some people talking on the sidewalks I see our Security Team doing our usual frisking and patrolling in the city. I can tell that our commander is talking to one of the locals. He's a Former U.S Marine during the First Insurgency, and Imma tell you right know that they are some scary motherfuckers.

I took my eyes off the scope to check on the rookie rifleman that they assigned to me.

I looked to my left.

The I see the soldier fiddling with his G36. Looks more like a amateur than a professional like me. You can tell these guys are green just by the way they use their guns. Sure they were thought how to shoot, but most of these guys forget simple things like trigger discipline. Which is what he is doing right now.

He's wearing digital desert camoflauge all over himself like the desert spitted him out. He is wearing a PSAGT Helmet. He is also wearing a light armored rig with a light carrier backpack. Everything else he is wearing is standard issue to the new guys.