003.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
.*・。. EFF IT! .*・。.
————PILOT
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

003.
CONVERSE, BOOT, CONVERSE.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
For a moment, as she stared at the safe, Sonny thought her eyes were going to bulge right out of her head.

   "Holy shit," she breathed.

   It seemed like all was forgotten in that moment: why they were there; why Sonny had been hiding under the bed; why the teenagers bumped into each other. As they stared at the safe in palpable silence, it didn't seem to matter anymore. It seemed futile now because in that safe sat stacks of cash, an envelope and a gun.

   A freakin' gun.

   Sonny had never seen a real gun before.

   She had also never seen that much physical cash up close, within reaching distance. Most of the money she had was via credit card, and she didn't think people even had any physical cash anymore. It was a dying trade, what, with the recent rise of contactless payment and online banking. All the old dudes complained about it, how it would kill the economy, blah, blah blah. All that crap.

   Her parents were super loaded, but it never meant Sonny carried her money around in dollar bills. There wasn't a gun in her house either. Penbrook's were a strictly anti-gun family; it was considered kind of strange in the OBX, seeing as most families owned an armed weapon. But the Penbrook's never did, and the gun that was in Topper's house was hunting rifle put in a glass case below the stairs, not the kind of pistol that was in that safe. And all her life, Sonny avoided gun counters and target ranges, anything remotely close; guns were not her thing. She knew how dangerous they were. So, no. Safe to say Sonny had never seen a handgun — and she never planned to, for that matter.