2

Jaiden hadn't said a word to Tommy on their way to school the next day

Jaiden hadn't said a word to Tommy on their way to school the next day. For one, she didn't sleep at all so she was exhausted. And two, this was all a bit overwhelming, so she didn't want to talk about everything first thing in the morning.

"Hey Jai," she'd barely taken her seat and given Kira a smile before the soccer co-captain came up to her again, just like yesterday.

"I'd rather you not call me by my nickname," the class let out 'oh's' when the beauty said this.

"Oh, c'mon, babe, don't be like that. Hard to get, I can handle. Don't push it, though," Sam sneered, smirking cockily down at her.

"Yo Sam," Conner then came into the room, and witnessed the whole ordeal, "back off, will you? Leave her alone."

"Oh, Mcknight, getting all friendly with her, are you?" Conner just rolled his eyes, but Sam had backed off and went to his seat. Conner and Jaiden shared a look, but Conner couldn't read the girl's expression. She turned away quickly.

"Alright, everyone take your seats," Tommy then walked in, and the students all settled in. "Who can tell me anything about the Mesozoic period?-"

And then the ground shook violently.

All Jaiden could think of in her mind was how she could never catch a damned break! Really?! An earthquake? C'mon...

The tremors had everyone scramble under the desks, but Jaiden was crouched yet looking out to see the sky darken fully. Whipping her head around, she looked to Tommy. He wore a knowing look, and something told her that this had Mesogog written all over it.

The tremors stopped after a few moments, but the sky was crackling and pitch black.

"Cass! I just heard this wack report of giant mechanical dinosaurs running wild downtown!" Devon yelled out, and immediately Jaiden and Tommy shared another look.

"Students please stay calm!" The intercom boomed with President Randall's voice, "the Mayor has declared a state of emergency, all students please head to the front of the school for immediate dismissal."

All the students in class hurried out, except for four.

"Dr. O, now would be a good time for that little chat," Kira said, and Ethan and Conner nodded in agreement behind her.

"We're out of time. If Mesogog revived the biozords, we gotta act fast. Come with me." He urged, and Jaiden was right behind him as he ran out of the classroom. The three were close behind soon after.

Tommy had taken the teens back to his research facility, and of course the questions kept flying out.

"So these mechanical dinosaurs are your friends?" Kira wondered, utterly confused. Tommy then explained how Biozords were made up and how he'd created them, and Jaiden couldn't help but think back to her White Tigress zord. It would've been extremely useful right about now.