6

Jaiden woke up the next morning to her phone ringing loudly. Her body felt almost as good as new, she only felt a bit of soreness, but that was probably from the ass whooping she'd gotten yesterday, not the result of her awakening her power.

"Hello?" She answered without bothering to check the Caller ID.

"Jai, hey," she immediately beamed when she recognized Cam's voice.

"Hey Cam, what's up?" She perked up, getting out of bed and picking out an outfit for school.

"Saw there was another big attack over on Reefside, the headlines don't look too good for you," he explained, "just checking in. Everything's alright?'

"Yeah," Jaiden sighed, "not gonna lie, we took a beating. But we're getting stronger, too." She remembered the second Mode of her Dino Gem that she tapped into yesterday. "Don't worry too much, will you?"

"Yeah yeah," she could imagine the boy rolling his eyes, "and the team?"

"They're good. They found out my secret, and didn't take it too hard," Jaiden put her phone on speaker, and got ready for the day. "I guess you could say I've taken the reigns over here."

"Well duh, that's expected. I mean, you were always a leader," Cam said this in an obvious tone, making the beauty smile.

"Thanks Cam,"

"Of course-"

"Is that Jai?! You're talking to Jai, right?!"

Jaiden heard muffled sounds coming from the other end, as if Cam had dropped the phone.

"Jai!" Or as if Dustin had snatched it from him.

"Dustin!" The beauty responded with his same energy. They had spoke a few days ago, him, Tori, and Shane in a video call, but the beauty didn't mind his enthusiasm at talking to her again whatsoever.

"How are you~" he hummed, "I'm about to head to my first class!"

"That's fun~ I'm good, heading to school, too." She took the phone into the bathroom and continued her routine. "I have to go though, got to get ready."

"Aw, alright, I'll talk to you later, then," the bubbly boy replied.

"Yeah, say hi to Tori and Shane for me."

"Will do!"

He hung up the phone, and Jaiden couldn't help her smile as she headed downstairs.

"Tommy! I'm leaving!" She announced, and was almost at the door when she realized there'd been no reply. Turning, her brows were furrowed as she looked at the empty house.

Empty just like it'd been when he was captured.

Then she heard rumbling and noise downstairs, so assuming it was him, she headed down.

"Tommy, I'm heading out-"

She froze at the bottom of the stairs when she saw Hayley and Conner. They were carrying in a weird, amber-like shell.

A shell of Tommy in his ranger form.

Immediately the girl rushed over and helped Conner set him down.

"What happened?!"

"I went to check on the warehouse earlier, Hayley told me Tommy hadn't come back," Conner explained, "I found him like this."

"Surveillance footage shows him fighting with the white ranger and then an explosion went off. Next thing the cameras picked up was Tommy like this." Hayley followed.