4

Jaiden woke up grimacing at her alarm

Jaiden woke up grimacing at her alarm. She barely remembered falling asleep last night with Hunter on video chat. She slapped her alarm clock off, and rolled out of bed. She dragged herself into her shower, and somehow got ready for the day with her eyes half closed. She threw on a sweatshirt and jeans, and grabbed her bag heading downstairs.

"Tommy?" She called out, confused since he was always up before her in the kitchen making coffee. She then peeked around to the living room and even went downstairs to HQ, though he was nowhere to be found.

She then walked out, and new something was wrong when she saw his Jeep still parked outside.

Well, now what?

She Ninja Streaked to school, wearing through the crowd of students to get inside. She saw Conner first, and he hung around Sam and other of his teammates by their lockers.

"Conner," she walked up to the ground of guys, which all eyed her half drooling.

"Jai?" He questioned, seeing her worried glance.

"We need to talk," she grabbed his arm and dragged him away from his group of friends.

"Oh shit! Mcknight and the new girl?!"

"Okay, Mcknight, we see you!"

"Jaiden ignored the comments from his friends as she pulled him into an empty classroom.
"Tommy didn't come back last night," she told him once the coast was clear. 

"Come back from where?" He followed.

"Kira's gig, duh."

"Huh? He never showed up to the gig, I figured he was doing some more research,"

"No, he wasn't home when I woke up, and his jeep was still parked outside."

"Okay, that's a little weird." The red ranger admitted. The bell then rang, and the two headed for their first class.

"Hey guys," Ethan and Kira greeted the two.

"Okay, what's with the worried glances," Kira followed.

"Tommy, he didn't show up to your gig?" Jaiden asked the blonde.

"No, why?"

"Well, he wasn't home. His car was." With that, the four took their seats, and everyone began to whisper amongst themselves since Tommy hadn't come in yet.

The four glanced to one another, especially when Principal Randall came in.
"Well, looks like your science teacher forgot to call in sick," she spoke this through gritted teeth. "You will take this time to work quietly on other assignments." She took a seat at the front of the class, her eyes darting to anyone who dared breathe too loudly.

Okay, this was beyond weird.

Tommy's missing, Jaiden decided.

***