Best Cabin for Capture the Flag

The Tyche kids were lucky. The Nike kids were always victorious. The Ares and the Athena kids always wanted the two cabins on their teams for the favoured game of Capture the Flag. This created a friendly alliance between the Nike and Tyche kids.
  Dinner time at the pavilion, one week before the game a small argument between and Ares kid and an Athena kid soon turned into a food fight between the two cabins leading the teams for Capture the Flag.
  As the food fight proceeded the Tyche and the Nike kids sat back in deck chairs, with popcorn, sodas and the occasional stray fry that was thrown they way as the two cabins decided on the teams that they would be joining for next week.

;;;

On the night of Capture the Flag, the two cabins had decided which teams they would be joining. Tyche with the Ares team and Nike was with Athena.

"Begin!" Chiron commanded. The two teams ran off into the woods to hide their flags from the other team.

Clem, a daughter of Tyche was ordered to scout around the woods in search for the flag. She wasn't having any luck so far (which is kind of ironic as she was the daughter of the goddess of luck).
That's when she saw the silver flag glinting in the moonlight. No one was guarding it.
This is too easy. Clem thought to herself. She walked up to the flag, but as soon as she reached it, she heard a noise coming from her right.
Someone was running away.
Someone had their flag. Clem pulled down the silver flag from its hiding spot and bolted to the boundary line. Her legs were tired but she kept running because she was determined to win this round and prove that the Tyche cabin was the luckiest.
Her foot hit the cold water from the river. She had beaten the other team. The kid that had their team's flag cam out of the woods, closely followed by the Ares team. They cheered when they saw her holding the flag which was dripping wet from being dragged in the river water.
The Ares and the Tyche kids surrounded Clem and celebrated their win.

  Right then and there the Nike boy that had taken the Ares team's flag confronted Clem, with a sword in his hand.
" I challenge you to a duel!" He demanded "To see who truly is the best and luckiest cabin." The entire cabin of Ares turned to face Clem who had been challenged. She had to prove herself.
" I accept." Clem said.

;;;

  20 minutes later, Clem and the Nike boy were fighting each other in the arena. Their swords collided. They parried and strikes.

All the cabins, Chrion and Mr. D were all watching with intent. It had been a long time since there had been a duel between two different cabins.
The dust settled and Clem was leaning over the Nike boy on the floor with her foot on his chest and swords under his chin. She whispered into his ear.
"I guess my cabin is luckier, Rory."
Her pushed her foot off his chest and moved away her sword. Clem helped him up off the floor.The Nike boy dusted him self off and looked at the small gash on his arm. He turned back to face her and said,
"It was just luck, Clementine."

Smaller story today, but I still enjoyed writing it. Don't forget to vote!

- Tess ✌️🏻