4

Leo's POV:

I messed up; I know I did. Saturday had been one of the best days of my life. Y/N and I were actually doing this! Sure, it's not dating, she wouldn't want me like that, but this is the next best thing. I was on cloud nine and I had no intent of ever coming down again.

That was until Sunday, when she didn't come to check on me in bunker nine after dinner to make sure I actually went back to my cabin. Then she didn't show up to arts and crafts, which is just another name for weapon forging here at camp half-blood, I knew I messed up.

Most campers that aren't in Hephaestus don't take arts and crafts. We do occasionally get other campers that want to try it out for fun, so once a month there's arts and crafts for everyone. Nyssa, Jake and I lead and help the other campers make small and easy things, like a dagger or even a bracelet.

Y/N loved the sessions, this was only my second time experiencing one at camp since I was quite new, but she always told me how much she loved them. And she wasn't here. Which meant she was avoiding me.

She probably realized she could find someone much better than me, if she hadn't already, and just hadn't decided on how to let me down yet. Or worse, I had just imagined her saying yes when she was actually disgusted with me now.

I couldn't get my mind straight, which would be very dangerous while working in the forges if it hadn't been for the fact that I'm immune to fire.

"Hey Leo, are you okay?" Nyssa said while coming over and standing next to me.

"Wow man, you know me to well, how'd you guess?" I asked kind of surprised that it was that obvious that something was wrong.

"Your arm is kind of, well, on fire," she said while chuckling. I looked down and realized my hand was inside of the forge and my sleeve had caught on fire, I shook the fire of and sheepishly looked back at Nyssa, "oops?"

"You wanna talk about it?" She looked about as uncomfortable about asking as I felt about answering so I just shook my head.

"Alright then," she turned to walk away, but seemed to remember something and turned back towards me, "Oh right, Piper stopped by and said you had to meet her at the arena after dinner. She wouldn't say why, but she said that it was important."

Shit

-

"There you are! What took you so long?" Piper came speed walking towards me as soon as she saw me.

"I'm sorry, I came as fast as I could, but what's going on? Is there something wrong?" She looked like she was about ready to murder me, which she definitely could if she wanted to.

"Well I don't know Leo, is there?"

"How am I supposed to know? You asked to meet with me!"

"I don't know either, all I know is that Y/N is freaking out because she thinks she ruined your friendship! What did you do?" The first thought that came to my mind was, 'She doesn't hate me! Yay!' After that followed my confusion.

"Honestly Pipes, I really don't know. We talked on Sunday and everything was fine, not even just fine, it was great. I don't know where any of this is coming from."

"Well you better go talk to her because she's certain you hate her now and I can't convince her otherwise," What the hell? Why would she think that? And why would she not just come talk to me about it, we've always been so good at that.

"Yeah I will, let's go to the campfire, she and the other Apollo kids will have probably already started the sing-along," that brought a smile to Piper's face again as we walked towards the amphitheater.