two

"You're staring again," Techo stated, following Type's line of direction. Sure enough, it was towards Kirigun who was talking to some of the students; mostly girls as they gathered to get more information about him.

Type sighed, shrugging his shoulder.

"Just admit it, you like him," Techno stated, sipping at his red drink.

Type pursed his lips, forwarding his gaze at the older professor once more. It was true he did begin to have attraction towards the said individual; his gaze always wondering to his frame, and his heart always beating at the sound of his warm voice.

But it would never happen. For one, he was a human, and two, it just so happens professor Kirigun had a boyfriend. Type had even personally witnessed the professor being loving with him after class.

And he'd be lying if he said he wasn't envious as Kirigun's boyfriend was smaller and cuter than Type ever will be. And on top of that, he was also a werewolf while Type was merely a powerless human boy.

"It doesn't matter," Type said nonchalantly, "It's not like I have a chance."

Techno looked at him solemnly before trying to shift the conversation into a happier one. He honestly wished Type would open up some more.

He didn't mind it being the two of them, and he knew of Type's fears and insecurities, but it always broke a bit of his heart seeing the way his friend would shut out people and society.

It wasn't healthy. And he feared what would happen if by chance they ever have to go separate ways. Perhaps Type would finally choose to end his life ; as to the current date, Type still believes he does not deserve to truly live after the death of his family.

And such thoughts scared him. He wanted Type to be happy, to have the chance of getting married and having a family - one that would fully accept him and shower him with love.

Tharn tried hard not to look over at the direction of Type. With every passing day, he found it growing harder for him to ignore the sweet scent his mate let out specifically for him to smell. It was such an intoxicating scent that he craved to inhale.

His endurance always seems to be on the verge of breaking whenever he sees the younger boy. It was as though he got more and more beautiful each day despite the consistent frown and look of boredom.

Type was so unlike his boyfriend who gave off a sweet and friendly appearance, and was easily lovable. No, he came off as cold and unbothered by his surroundings.

Tharn had never once seen the boy associate with anyone other than the witch, who used to be in his class, Techno. It was such a strange combination as he knew Techno was a talkative one and didn't mind socializing with others.

He wondered if they were dating. Such thoughts made him bitter and full of jealousy but he chose to push it down as he already made his choice.

~

"Professor Kirigun," Type called out. His voice sent shivers down Tharn's spine as he plastered on the best smile he could, his palm sweating.

Type raised his brows, noticing how tense he was. It was clear he made the professor uncomfortable but he simply didn't know why. It wasn't due to discrimination because he had seen Kirigun communicate just fine with other human students - if they actually spoke to him.

He tightened his grip on the strap of his bag. Perhaps he was once again misunderstood and made another individual uncomfortable.

"How may I help you?" Tharn asked.

"I'll be away tomorrow so I can't do the test. May I do it in the afternoon? Or perhaps when I return?"

Tharn rubbed the back of his neck, "Ah, sorry but I can't do this afternoon. So we can just schedule it when you get back."

Type nodded in understanding, giving a quick bow before excusing himself. All the while Tharn watched his figure leave, already craving to speak to him some more. It was the first time they had spoken face to face.

Type was normally quiet, and only spoke when asked upon to answer questions, or was presenting. Therefore, it wasn't often Tharn heard his voice.

"Where do you see us in ten years, Type?" Techno asked, throwing in lilies into the pot. Type looked up from his research booklet, wondering why Techno was asking such a question.

"Hmm, not sure," he answered honestly. He went into deep thoughts, trying to find a better answer when a strange scent hit his nose. Putting the book down and walking over to check up on the potion, his eyes widened, "Shiaa, 'No!"

Techno stopped his stirring, looking at his friend in confusion. "What?"

"Why did you put lilies in?!" Type asked, raking his fingers through his hair.

"Ow, you said lilies didn't you?" Techno asked, blinking rapidly in confusion.

Type pushed him aside and put out the fire, trying to halt the potion making, "Lilac! I said Lilac!"

Despite setting off the fire, the potion continued to bubble. The two boys stared at it in alarm. Techno shakingly pointed down at it, "What's happening-"

"-get down!" Type ordered, grabbing the back of Techno's shirt and pushing him onto the floor as the potion bubbled up and exploded into a white cloud - filling up the room with a strong scent of lilies and puffs of smoke.

As the room finally cleared up, and the scent lingered, Type and Techno coughed. They got up from the floor, only to look at each other in shock.

"Shiaa!"

[a/n: what do you all think happened? 😂🤭]