Chapter 7- Pass of Caradhars

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness

-Desmond tutu

Recap

A smile grew on my face as I looked to the mountain, I always liked snow.

Alphas POV

We started the early the next morning are climb over the mountain. I smiled and walked in step with Gimli we were in front of Aragorn but behind Frodo. Suddenly Frodo slipped on his cloak and tumble down the mountain. I tried to reach for him, but he was tumbling too fast luckily for us Aragorn was just below us and was able to catch him. As Aragorn helped him stand up Frodo automatically reached for his chest where the ring was supposed to be. I looked up on the mountain and realized Boromir had picked it up and was staring at it intently Frodo looked at Boromir. Boromir said Aragorn, it is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over something so small, whispered Boromir in a trance like state, such a little thing Boromir mumbled. I then went into action grabbing the ring from Boromir a burning pain went up my arm. I quickly gave it to Frodo, everyone looked shocked that I could touch the ring, but Laine ran up to me touching my hand making me gasp in pain. I quickly waved it off, but Boromir wanted Answers so he walked up to me and asked how could you hold the ring without it controlling you I just responded with a cold hard expression "I have a ring of power not one made by the creators of this or any of the other rings mine was said to be created before the creation of middle earth itself I can control the four elements though it tires me out constantly it helped me fight against the rings evil but since it was dark metal it did burn me as for all dark metals do against the shadow people, why do you think one was never given to our race" I finished. I continue to walk, and the others followed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~
I was carrying Laine as her chameleon on my shoulder under my cloak as the others trudged through the snow me and Legolas could walk over the snow because of how light footed we are. Legolas walked to the front of the group a little bit later he said there's a fell voice on the air. Gandalf then said it was Saruman. Above us a couple of rocks fell making me put Laine down. So, I could quickly pull Legolas away from the edge. When I turn back to grab Laine, I realize that Pippin was holding her in his hands, he then put Laine on his shoulder so she could stay warm. He's trying to bring down the mountain Gandalf we must turn back Aragon yelled over the roaring wind. No Gandalf yelled back. He then spoke some spell to counter it, but it wasn't working. Lightning hit the cliff above is sending snow on to us I quickly pulled Legolas and Gandalf away from the edge to make sure they didn't fall off. I then use my ring to push as much snow as I could away from us. I put of my wings to block the snow falling on Sam, Frodo, and Aragorn. As the snow stopped falling on us, they opened their eyes and saw my white and gold wings it made the hobbits smile. It also made the tattoo on my collarbone visible it was one of a clock and a rose Sam pointed at it and asked why I had it I said to represent to spend all the time you have with the people that you love because they will not always be there. Aragorn then asked why we weren't running out of air I just showed them the ring because I was focusing on getting the snow off us. After a little bit we were all out of the snow, Boromir yelled we must get off the mountain make for the gap of Rohan and take the west road to my city. The gap of Rohan takes us to close to Isengard yelled Aragorn. We cannot pass over the mountains let us go under Gimli said let us go through the mines of Moira. I Really didn't want to go into the Mines of Moria because I do not feel safe inside a closed environment. Gandalf looked to be debating with himself. Let the ring-bearer decide. We cannot stay here yelled Boromir I continued this will be the death of the hobbits. Frodo questioned Gandalf. We will go through the minds said Frodo. So be it replied to Gandalf.
———————
I would love some comments, so I know how to improve the story.
—MJ