Ni

"I never get used to seeing him like this." Loki whispered softly, as him and his mother sat around Odin's encased bed, surrounded by guards.

        "He's put it off for so long now, that I fear..." Frigga reached out to lay a hand on her husband.

        "How long will it last?" Loki asked.

         "I don't know." His mother answered truthfully. "This time it's different. We were unprepared."

          Loki glanced at his father, and then back to Frigga. "So why did he lie?"

         The woman sighed and leaned in closer. "He kept the truth from you so that you would never feel different. You are our son, Loki, and we, your family." She paused, and added, "We mustn't lose hope that your father will return to us. And your brother." She smiled knowingly. "And (Y/N)."

        "What hope is there for Thor?" Loki questioned, ignoring his mother's last remark.

        "There's always a purpose to everything your father does." Frigga replied.
________________________________

         "That's no satellite crash!" Jane exclaimed and we looked onto the army base surrounded by guns and men and men with guns as thunder rumbled overhead. "They would have hauled the wreckage away, they wouldn't have built a city around it."

         "You're going to need this." Thor said, laying his jacket over the woman.

        I cracked my knuckles, trying to ignore the wave of nausea that struck me.

       "What?" Jane pulled away from her binoculars. "Wait, why?"

         Thor laughed as more thunder boomed from the sky. "Now stay here. Once I have Mjolnir, I will return the items they've stolen from you." He promised. "Deal?"

         "And I assure you, I'll make him honour his words." I nodded. There was no need to be salty about Thor's attraction to her, she was a kind woman after all.

        "No." She shook her head. "Look what's down there. You think you're just gonna walk in, grab our stuff, and walk out?"

       I grinned.

        "No, we're gonna fly out." Thor retorted, following behind me as we sneaked towards the highly fortified base.

        "Delancey, Jackson. West-side perimeter. Go check it out." An agent said over the radio.

       A car pulled up to the hole in the fence, and two soldiers inspected it with their flashlights. "There it is."

       Thor hopped into view to punch the one in the driver's seat, while I twisted the other's weapon from their grasp, and used the butt of it to knock him out. Thor glanced around anxiously before we took their coats and dashed further into the base.

      It wasn't long before someone found their bodies, and warned the others, as klaxons blared over the speakers, alerting all the agents.

      Thor nodded to me as I bolted to closer cover, looking over the edge of the metal container we were flushed against towards the searching soldiers.

      Thor and I smiled as grey clouds covered the dark sky, and thunder roared overhead, before we sprinted into the plastic tubes leading inside.

       Thor kneed the first agent, throwing him over his shoulder as I slammed my fist into the throat of another, leaving him gaging for air as he went down. Thor picked him up and threw him into another soldier behind us, before we took off running again.