Seksten

Thor reached back to summon his hammer as I put my two swords together. They melted and moulded into one large icicle axe.

I raised it with what was left of my strength, and brought it down with its weight, causing a shatter of lines and cracks to spread out through the bridge from the impact.

Thor and I quickly continued the actions, as Loki slowly rose to sit up in shock.

I screamed out all my pain as I sent my weapon hurtling towards the platform we stood upon. I was seeing red with rage, but I didn't care.

"What are you doing?" Loki questioned. "If you destroy the bridge you'll never see her again!"

Darcy, Erik, Jane, and the music of the rock, all gone.

But I wasn't about to let my selfish wants destroys an entire peoples. That wasn't what I had been taught all these years.

I brought the axe over my head once more, and shrilled as I let it fall with it's momentum.

Loki charged to stop us, but with one final blow from Thor after he had whispered, "Forgive me, Jane.", a cataclysmic explosion sent me flying backwards into tomorrow.

I screamed in fright as a blinding light covered my vision, and shards of bridge scratched at my skin. I felt weightless for a moment before my back hit a strong chest, and arms snaked around my body to keep me from flying away.

The Bifrost shattered from its place on Asgard, and began to tip over the edge, falling through space.

The three of us shrieked, and as I looked behind my shoulder, I saw Loki's dashing face, one stray tear sliding down his cheek. He looked into my eyes, and pushed me away towards the ledge of what remained of the Bifrost.

I gasped, grabbing onto the new handmade edge of the bridge. Thor held onto his father's staff from one end, and Loki from the other. My eyes widened at what— or who, was keeping either of them from following the same fate as the Bifrost.

Odin.

The Allfather gripped onto Thor's heel next to me. His sons groaned as they willed themselves not to let go.

Loki's gaze fell on me before snapping up to Odin. "I could've done it, Father!" He promised. "I could have done it! For you! For all of us!"

"No, Loki." His father shook his head.

I'd spent years memorizing the god of mischief's face. I knew every single one of his emotions— except what he looked like when he truly lied apparently, I thought sourly. So I knew when he was planning on doing something very bad.

"No, Loki!" Thor cried, as Loki's grip on the staff loosened.

I bellowed, blinking back tears as I let go of my edge, and fell down to grab Loki's forearm with one hand, and the staff with my other. "I can't lose you, Loki." I sobbed, staring into his eyes like it was the last time I'd ever see him. "Even though you lied, and everything, I-I... I can't think of a world where you aren't in it. Even if we end up being enemies at least you're here."

He shook his head miserably. "No, (Y/N). You had already lost me the day I first started lying to you."

I chocked on my saliva, trying to gasp for air as my chest closed in on itself. "I'll forgive you! Just don't do this." I seeped my ice weakly over our joined hands in hopes of keeping him in place.

He stared at me for a moment and softly smiled. "You never were a great liar, (Y/N). And I... I don't want you to forgive me. What I did, I could never make it up to you. I'm sorry."

"No, no, please—"

"It's better this way. You need to move on. Find something that makes you happy, something you want to do. Not something you were told to." He ordered.

I sniffled as my lips quivered, and my grip on Loki began to slip from my sweating and trembling fingers. "But you made me happy, Loki."

"I used to. Now I only bring you pain." He looked down into the vast, empty space behind him. "I do truly love you. Farewell."

"NO, LOKI!" I cried, as he banged his free arm against my formed ice, breaking it instantly, and letting himself be swept away.

I closed my eyes and screamed at the top of my lungs.

Nothing would ever be the same.