Elleve

I apologize if your name is Patrica, but pretend it isn't for this scene.

    "Oh, Donny, Donny, Donny." Called the voice of Erik Selvig as he entered the room we were kept. "And Patrica, of course. Oh, your sister, Jane, has been so worried. There you two are. You're gonna be alright, I'm taking you  both home."

       Patrica? That wasn't my name. And Jane certainly wasn't my sister.

     We began to saunter away from the base as Thor grabbed Jane's notebook off a nearby research table.

       "Mr. Selvig!" Agent Coulson yelled behind us. "Just keep them away from the bars!"

       "I will!" Erik promised, and we left hurriedly.

       "Where are we going?" Thor asked.

        "To get a drink." The man replied.
________________________________

      "You know, I had it all backwards. I had it all wrong." Thor mumbled as we waited at the bar.

       "It's not a bad thing finding out that you don't have all the answers." Erik advised. "You start asking the right questions."

         Like what the hell was I going to do with my life?

       We slipped into a comfortable silence for several moments, before Thor said, "For the first time in my life, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do."

       I chuckled. "Maybe we're more alike than I thought, Thor. Now that I don't have to marry you anymore, I just... I feel like I can do anything, and nothing could stop me."

       The god of thunder wrapped an arm around my shoulders and brought me closer to him. "I've been truly unfair to you, all these years. You only wanted to make it work between us for the good of Asgard, and I was too stupid to tell you how I really felt. I should've told you from the beginning that I could never see you as more than a sister. I'm sorry."

      I snorted in amusement. "Yeah, that really would've helped me. And I accept your apology."

      "Anyone who's ever going to find his way into this world has to start by admitting he doesn't know where the hell he is." Erik smiled.

       "Thank you, for what you've done." Thor nodded.

        I grinned. "We will truly be in your debt."

        Erik shook his head. "No, don't thank me. I only did it for Jane. Her father and I taught at university together. He was a good man. He never listened."

         "Neither did I." Thor admitted.

          And all I ever did was listen.

         "My father was trying to teach me something," Thor continued. "But I was too stupid to see it."

        "I don't know if you two are delusional, or if you're pulling some kind of con," Erik expressed. "I don't care. I just care about her. I've seen the way she looks at you."

       So have I, but now I didn't care either. It didn't bother me that Thor liked someone else, because suddenly I realized that I liked some one else too.

        Loki.

       He was my endgame, after all. After I helped Thor find his way, I knew I'd always go back to him, if he'd have me.

       "I swear to you, I mean her no harm." Thor promised.

        "And if he doesn't keep his word, I'll kill him." I half joked.