Chapter Eight: Christmas

Well, the day Mary returned, she left again. Before she left, she gave me a kiss on the cheek and told me to take care of myself and (Y/N). Something seemed strange when Mary kissed me. I was literally asking for it but, when she finally kissed me... it didn't seem right. Like... maybe I didn't want it as much as I thought I did.

When (Y/N) blew me a kiss the same night, I felt my heart pick up a pace and I became slightly nervous which I tried not to show. Anyway, enough of that. Christmas is just around the corner and I still don't have the dress or the necklace! Working extra shifts is not earning me enough. Of course it isn't, it Christmas. I was outside the shop where the dress was still in the window when Mike walked up to me.

"I don't think that'll suit you, mate," Mick told me.

"Oh, ha, ha. Very funny," I said.

"Is it for your lady friend?" He asked.

"If only I could afford it with a necklace I found,"

"How much do ya need?"

"A crown and a penny."

(Time skip)

I went on to being a Screever but, once again, the Park Keeper said I was interfering with a public railing again. I told him my situation but he told me to remove my paintings. I did and went into the park for a jaunty saunter. I went to the river and sat near the edge, watching the ducks swim about. What was the point of trying to get something nice for (Y/N)? I couldn't afford anything nice no matter how hard I worked. I laid on the grass, staring up to the sky wondering if I should give up.

"Wallowing in sorrow, are we?" Mike asked hovering over me, looking like he was upside down.

"Absolutely not!" I told him.

"Then get up and buy what ya need," he said throwing a small pouch of money on me, "that's what ya needed."

I got up and checked. He was right! I shook his hand and rushed back to the house to get the rest I saved up. I managed to buy both and snuck them into the house. This is gonna be perfect.

(Time skip)

It's Christmas day and we were at Uncle Albert's house for Christmas dinner.

"Oh, I'm so glad you two joined me for dinner," Uncle Albert said.

"No one should be alone on Christmas," (Y/N) said.

We chatted, ate and had a really good time and then, it was time for presents. I spent all my money on (Y/N) so I didn't have anything for Uncle Albert. (Y/N), however, got Uncle Albert a joke book with brilliant jokes. Uncle Albert got (Y/N) a book related to musical theatre called The Phantom of the Opera. Sounds interesting.

Uncle Albert gave me a pocket watch that I was actually needing for a long time now so I didn't complain. (Y/N) then gave me mine. She gave me a Top Hat, white tie and tails. (Y/N) explained it was for if I ever went to the theatre to watch her shows. I thanked her understanding her point before giving her my present for her. (Y/N) was shocked when she saw the emerald green dress and the heart-shaped emerald necklace with diamonds on the silver outlines.

 (Y/N) was shocked when she saw the emerald green dress and the heart-shaped emerald necklace with diamonds on the silver outlines