Muted (Cody)

(Quick Author's note: So if you guys ever seen Rise of the Guardians, if you know who Sandman is, then you know how those little symbols show up over above his head since he's mute, well, that's you in this story. Just let you know so you aren't confused.)

"Hey, (Your name)? You ready to meet Master Kenobi today?" Ahsoka asked as she turned to her best friend, who smiled at her and a smiley face with a thumbs up appeared above her head, showing her best friend that she was ready

"Great! I hope Master Skywalker likes me. I've heard a lot about him and I can't wait to be taught under him." Ahsoka said in excitement as (Your name) smiled.

An image of a masculine Shadow appeared over her head and an explosion of smoke erupted over her head and another smiley face appeared over her head. "I wonder if they know we're coming.."

(Your name) shrugged her shoulders before an image of a signal appeared over her head and an X over it, causing Ahsoka to nodded. "Maybe, but we should wait till we get there. They might have trouble contacting the temple."

The ship they were on had rumbled, meaning they had landed and (Your name) inhaled sharply, watching as the doors opened and she saw that three men were standing near it. She recognized both as Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Ahsoka's and her Master. The other was a clone trooper.

"Younglings?" She heard Obi-Wan ask a little too loud. Ahsoka and (Your name) walked off the transport ship, the men approaching them.

"And who are you suppose to be?" Anakin asked as Ahsoka squinted her eyes slightly. "I'm Ahsoka. This is (Your name). We were sent by Master Yoda to tell you that you must get back to the Temple. It's an emergency."

"Well, I don't know if you can tell, but we're in a bit of an emergency right here." Anakin said while looking towards his former Master.

"Um, yes. Our communications have been a bit unreliable, but we've been calling for help." Obi-Wan explained as (Your name) looked to Ahsoka with a 'told you so' look.

"Master Yoda hadn't heard from you, so we were sent to deliver the message."

"Oh, great! They don't even know we're in trouble!" Anakin complained, (Your name) soon coming up with an idea. She tapped Ahsoka om the shoulder, Ahsoka looking to her when she did.

"What is it?" Ahsoka asked, causing Obi-Wan and Anakin to look towards them. An image of a signal again and a line connecting to an image of a small cruiser over her head. "What is she saying?"

"She's saying we could relay a signal from the cruiser that just dropped us off." Ahsoka explained, Anakin looking to Obi-Wan in curiosity. "We'll explain later."

After speaking with Master Yoda and Anakin finding out that Ahsoka was his Padawan, he left annoyed and in disbelief with Ahsoka, leaving Obi-Wan and (Your name) with Cody.

"It's very good to meet you, my young Padawan. I look forward to teaching you." Obi-Wan said with a kindred smile as (Your name) smiled back, a silhouette of two people shaking hands appeared over her head.

"I'm going to take that as a 'glad to meet you too', yes?" (Your name) nodded before a clone trooper came up behind the Jedi. "Sir, can I speak with you alone for a moment?"

"Of course. Cody, could you stay with (Your name) for a moment?" Cody nodded to Obi-Wan before he left, leaving (Your name) standing awkwardly near Cody. "So, kid, you nervous?"

(Your name) shook her head, an image of a muscle arm appeared over her head, as she grinned brightly. Cody laughed, shaking his head before he approached her. "Glad to hear it, kid. I think we're going to get along just fine."

She smiled, and instead of an image appearing over her head, there were words.

I believe we will, Commander Cody.

----- 2 years later -----

Cody's eyes softened as he approached Obi-Wan's Padawan, sitting on a crate, her leg bouncing up and down rapidly with her face in her hands. He found out about what happened on Umbara and went looking for his General when he did.

And it just so happened to be near their temporary morgue, one in particular had Waxer's helmet near it.

"General?" Cody called softly, causing the Padawan to look up. His heart shattered into a million pieces as he saw the look on her face. Her face was bloody and dirty, then only thing clean on her face was what was washed away with her tears. And her usually bright and crystal (Your eye color) eyes were dark and dull.

He approached her, taking a seat near a crate next to her, dropping his helmet to the ground and throwing his arms around her. (Your name) wasted no time, breaking down. Though she was muted, her body shook violently, new tears streaming down her face and now onto Cody's armor.

"It's okay, (Your name). It's alright. I'm here. I know it hurts." Cody said while rubbing her back. (Your name) pulled away from Cody, soon words appearing over her head as she did.

Why? Why me?

"What do you mean?"

Why did I have to be mute? I tried to speak with Waxer. But he didn't understand me.

(Your name)'s body shuddered again, more tears pooling from her eyes as she did. Cody looked away from her before he wrapped his arms around her again. "I'm here, General. I'm here."

He kissed the top of her head before he rested his chin on top of her head, his eyes darting over to Waxer's helmet, which sat on top of his corpse, dirty and scratched up from battle.

He didn't know how it felt to be mute, but he knew a lot about losing someone. A best friend. A brother.