Don't Leave Me (Rex)

(WARNING: ATTEMPTED SUICIDE, BLOOD)

" EVERY MINUTE AND
EVERY HOUR,
I MISS YOU, I MISS
YOU, I MISS YOU MORE, "

- GOOD GRIEF (BASTILLE)

°

"Rex..?" (Your name) called as she knocked on the door to her best friend's quarters. She didn't get an answer, which kind of worried her. She witness him lash out at Anakin earlier and he started to feel worried for the Captain.

"He's never lashed out like this before."

(Your name) knew something was definitely wrong and went to talk to him. She knocked on his door a few more times before she had enough and entered his code and the doors slid open.

Her eyes went wide as she saw blood running towards the door. Her heart began to burn as she looked ahead to see Rex laying on the ground, the sleeves of his blacks were rolled up and two large cuts were on his wrists on both sides. That was where the blood was rushing from.

And Rex looked extremely pale.

"REX! GODDAMN IT! WHY DID YOU FUCKING DO THIS?!" (Your name) screamed as she grabbed two of his towels from nearby and wrapped it around his wrists, tears pooling down her face as she did.

"REX, STAY WITH ME! STAY WITH ME! PLEASE!" (Your name) screamed once more before she spoke into her comms.

"ANAKIN! GET KIX TO REX'S QUARTERS NOW! Hang in there, Rex! Please.." (Your name) cradled Rex close to her, laying his head on her chest as she sobbed softly, waiting for Kix to show up and help him.

°

(Your name)'s leg shook up and down as she sat, looking down at her hands and seeing the large amount of blood that was in her hands. His blood. His blood.

Nee tears erupted from her eyes as she feared of Kix coming back to tell her that he didn't make it.

However, as soon as the doors open, (Your name) quickly looked up and stood up when she saw Kix.

"How is he?"

"He's okay. He's awake if you want to speak with him." Kix said with a small smile as (Your name) nodded, thanking him before entering the room to see Rex sitting up, looking down at his bandaged wrists.

"Why..?" (Your name) mumbled as Rex looked at her, seeing that her (your eye color) orbs were dull and dark of pain and agony. Rex didn't say anything, knowing there was nothing he could really say.

(Your name) felt enraged by this. He tried to kill himself and wasn't going to give her a reason for why. (Your name) walked up to him and without thinking, had smacked him hard across the face, more tears falling from her eyes as she did.

Rex's eye twitched in pain before he looked at her with guilty eyes. (Your name) sobbed softly before hugged him, the anger washing away from her because she was at least grateful he was alive.

Rex slowly hugged her back, feeling unsure of how to react. (Your name) pulled away, her eyes glistening with tears as she shook her head.

"Why did you do this? Why would you try to kill yourself?"

"Fives....he's gone, (Your nickname)." (Your name)'s eyes went wide as her heart shattered. Fives was her best friend as well, almost like her brother. They were really close, and hearing Rex say this made her hug him again, a little tighter than before and her sobs turned into wails of sadness.

Rex wrapped his arms around the small of her back, his own tears pooling from his eyes and onto (Your name)'s own blacks, thinking about all the memories they had.

"Hey, Fives! Why don't you help me prank Rex!"

"Oh, I'm so up for it!"

"AHHHH!! (YOUR NAME), COME HERE NOW!! DON'T MAKE ME CHASE YOU!!"

"CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, REXTER!!"

"Um, Commander? Why is Captain Rex's hair pink?"

"Courtesy of Fives and myself."

Rex began to cry more, knowing that those memories will only be memories. Nothing else. Nothing more than just a memory.

(Your name) pulled away, draging her thumbs across Rex's cheeks, wiping his tears away as she stared into his now pale brown eyes.

"(Your name)...I was right there..I..I could have saved him.." He mumbled as Rex looked down at his lap. (Your name) brought her fingers under his chin and lifted it to meet her eyes.

"Rex, whatever happened, I'm sure you did everything you could. Fives would not want you to be like this. I don't want you like this. I...I love you. And you doing this, it broke my heart. I was afraid that you were gone. I love you, Rex. And I want you to know, even if you don't like me back, I want you to know that you won't deal with this alone. I'll be with you all the way." (Your name) expressed, causing Rex's eyes to go slightly wide.

"Is that why you pranked me all this times? Because you wanted to make me feel better?" Rex asked with a small smile as (Your name) smiled sadly. "I figured that since you were so serious all the time, you just need something to cheer you up."

"Heh, well, even I was angry that you pranked me, it did cheer me up. I actually like your pranks." He admitted as (Your name) blushed and smiled. "Thank you."

"Hey, I may be a Captain, but a Captain needs to let loose sometimes too. I think that's where my problem is." Rex said as (Your name) nodded.

"I'll help you, Rex. But, please, for the love of the Force, don't ever, EVER, do that again. If you are feeling down, don't be afraid to come to me. You aren't alone."

Rex nodded before he swooped in and kissed her passionately, his arms still staying on the small of her back and (Your name) wrapped her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

As they pulled away, (Your name) rested her forehead against his and said,

"Don't leave me."