31. The test.

"Dylan!" cried Madeleine shocked by the indecency that her son so blatantly exhibited.
Almost immediately he tied in. His mother was right. This was neither the time nor the place to stake his claim.
Lucas kept his head down as long as Jordan was in his company, but as soon as the man said goodbye, he stomped away angrily at the events at the table to his hotel room. Dylan's reaction had been so predictable, but nonetheless so incredibly painful.
"Hang on, Lucas" cried Dylan, who came after him on a running trot.
He ignored the man and walked on.
"Just wait up, damn it. I want to talk to you," he grumbled right behind him.

Lucas turned around. "Why? So you can sell me more bullshit?" he spat with a cynical laugh. "Madeleine has already told me that your visit to Cortina has not yielded any results. So what's there to discuss?"
Despite the noticeable anger in his voice, Dylan recognized the uncertainty in his eyes.
"Annika and I are no longer together," he said, hopeful of a positive response.
He froze under the contemptuous gaze that Lucas threw at him.
"You mean she ended the relationship."
Outraged, Dylan took a step back. "Who told you that?" he cried angrily. "Definitely not my mother."
Pursing his lips, Lucas shook his head. "Believe it or not, Dylan, but I know you a little. It's always the women in your life who make the decision."

Lucas grabbed him by his tie and pressed him rough against the wall. "Only once have you made a choice and it scares you so much that you have suppressed all memories of it!"
They were pretty much nose to nose. Lucas's bitter words floated along with the sweet smell of the Crème Brûlée he had taken for dessert. The contradiction left Dylan speechless for a second.
"But the accident?" he protested weakly.
"Yes, the accident," Lucas repeated mockingly. "What a great excuse to hide behind. At first it was true, but after three months your scans showed no permanent damage. The doctor said there was no physical reason why your memory didn't return."

His grip on the tie tightened. "For four years I waited. Waited for the slightest indication that something of our time together had stuck. It was stupid of me to expect progress when you agreed to go out with me. I should have known you had alternative motives. You showed your true nature at the table before Madeleine whistled you back!" His eyes spat fire. "But let me tell you, Dylan, it won't be as easy as it was the first time!"
'Phew! Who was lying now?' his conscience mocked him.
Simply because he couldn't resist, Lucas pressed a sizzling kiss on Dylan's quivering lips before taking off like a hare.

He could have saved himself the trouble as Dylan was nailed to the ground as if frozen. When it came down to it, he was just as guilty of the duality of feelings as Lucas. His body betrayed him by openly longing for the discharge that Lukas could offer him. Blessed with its own memory, his body attacked him with sensation of how good it felt to bury himself in that willing body.
Reality hit him hard and made him gasp. He had sex with Lucas and no moment of being together had felt wrong. How this lust translated into his action to marry Lucas, he did not know. For this moment, he had his hands full with keeping his hormones in check.
'Why?' said a treacherous little devil in his head. 'Why the need for control? Lucas knows you're longing for him. Wasn't that kiss clearly an invitation?'

His feet took him to Lucas' hotel room, and before he could form a coherent thought, he knocked on the door.
"Oh, it's you," Lucas said as he opened.
"Yes, it's me," Dylan repeated sarcastically, pushing his way past the pissed-off man in the doorway.
"I've already had my say, so I'd appreciate it if you leave me alone."
Slowly shaking, Dylan stared at him. "I think you just gave me an open invitation," and stroked a finger over his lips.
Demonstratively snorting, Lucas stood in the doorway. When his icy glare didn't yield anything, he slammed the door angrily shut. "As always, you miss the point, Dylan," he sneered. "That was a goodbye kiss, not an invitation."
"What if I don't settle for that?" said Dylan, looking around.
"Then you're out of luck!" spat Lucas furiously. 'How dare he handle the situation so casually?' "Is the décor so important that you can't look at me when you talk to me?" escaped him before he realized.
Caught by the flash of interest Dylan threw at him, he was inwardly chiding himself.

Dylan laughed in his fist. Apparently, he wasn't the only one who had to fight to preserve his emotions. "I was looking around for the best place to take you," he said right in the eyes of Lucas, who was taken him in with surprise.
"Who says I'd allow you to do something like that?" he countered faintly.
Dylan remained very conscious. "Because you're my Honey."
Shots of pleasure shot through his body upon hearing that statement, but he sadly shook his head. "We both know that our interpretation of those words is far apart. I'm not a property, Dylan. I'm not someone who works for you or is part of your household staff."
Lucas was shocked when Dylan took a step closer.
"You're wrong, Lucas. You are mine in every sense of the word."

"Not anymore," he shook and raised his hands as he saw Dylan getting closer and closer.
"Let me prove you wrong," said Dylan, who was now right in front of him. "My body burns for yours, just like you do for me."
"No way!"
"Ohw", he suddenly sucked in sharply when Dylan rolled his hip against his swollen crotch.
"Your body tells the truth where your head still resists. I know very well how that works because I experience it myself. Feel me. I'm as hard as you are," he whispered in Lucas's ear.

Almost against his own will, his hand shot down. A moan escaped his throat as he felt the heat of Dylan's erection against his hand. A blush could not be suppressed.
"And what's next? What happens now?" he sighed lost in the hot look of Dylan's liquid gray eyes.
"Whatever you want," it sounded with promise.
Lucas swallowed hard. "Kiss me."
Triumphantly, in the way he had manipulated the situation in such a way that Lucas was the first to take action, he bowed to him. He frowned when Lucas stopped him and pointed him down.
"There."
For a second, Dylan stared at him blankly. 'It was a test. Honestly, he deserved it,' Slowly he sank to his knees.