CHAPTER 8

Percy's pov

Waking in pain is not a new thing for me. Following my daily routine, I walked towards the kitchen thinking about Tartarus' words. Today Tartarus thought it would be nice to torture me mentally and emotionally and I couldn't help but think that what he said was mostly true. Nobody wants me. I don't know what the Gods are even doing. Maybe they need me to do something else, maybe another war or some other things. These thoughts kept swirling in mind as reached the kitchen. Today I was really feeling hungry so made somethings for others and made myself some pancakes. I was limping more than yesterday and I don't want to raise any more questions, so, I quickly placed the food on the table and sat on my usual seat waiting for the rest to come.

After 10 minutes or more, they all came together. They sat on the table and started eating. I took that as my cue to start eating. Dad noticed me eating and looked surprised. Triton and Lady Amphitrite noticed too and had the same emotion. Then Dad said," You are eating?" I laughed and said," Yeah, I think so. I was feeling dizzy so I thought might as well eat." Then suddenly Triton asked," Wait so when was the last time you ate?" I thought about it. The last day I ate was when I was completing the last task. That was 11 days ago. Wow." Well," I rubbed my hand on my neck, looking down I answered," that would be 11 days ago when I was completing the last task of Athena." They all looked at me horrified.

" Why would you do that?!"

" How are you still alive?! Impossible! "

" How can you do that?!"

They all said together in such a high voice that I think the whole Palace might have listened. It really annoyed me. I had no answer so I stayed quiet. I don't know why they care. Wouldn't it be better if I died? It had been so long since anybody cared. The people that last cared about me were The Seven before the tasks. Thinking about them brought back many memories. All good and bad memories came flooding back. They brought tears to my eyes. A constant reminder of how much of a failure I am. There were so many emotions swirling inside me that I couldn't think straight. I needed to take them out. So before they could say anything else, I rushed out of room. I knew Dad had a training room so I used my powers to locate it. I had so many skills so I had to start training to master them. I finally located it and went there. It was really big. There were so many dummies and other tools that I could use all my powers. I thought about which power should I start to train first and decided that I should start from archery, since I am really bad at it.

After three hours of training, I finally started progressing. Now my arrows hit the target correctly without straying here and there. After another two hours of training I was really good at it. After that I was really exhausted and hungry, so I walked towards the Dining Room only to see the rest of the family sitting there, talking to each. I felt a twinge of jealously for I can never have that type of family. The family I had either betrayed me or died. The tears were threatening to spill and the flashbacks were coming back, but I controlled them. I rushed to my room, my appetite long forgotten. I rushed inside and locked the door. Managing to walk to the bed, I collapsed on it and passed out.

Time skip

(After probably 6 or 7 hours)

I finally opened my eyes only to see darkness. I went to from shock to confusion to remembrance to dread in a matter of seconds. Apparently Tartarus decided that physical torture wasn't enough, so making me blind. The poison he used to do this was weird. I racked my brain to find a solution to this problem without telling anyone. I knew it was only temporary but still. I decided to train on my water sensing abilities and stay in my room for the time being since my eyes would be a dull sea-green signaling my blindness. I cautiously swung my legs out of the bed and started detecting nearby things.

(After some time)

I had finally enhanced my senses. Now even if I was blind, I could sense everything and move around like a perfectly fine person. Since I won't able to go out today I had too much time to do something I have avoiding to do. Thinking. Thinking about how my life went down, how miserable it is. I kept thinking about how my life went downhill. Thinking about every bad thing that has happened so far. His childhood spoiled by Gabe, then after my life spoiled by quests to do the work that the Gods are too lazy to do. Went to two wars that happened in a span of two years. Then finally after defeating Gaea I thought that I could now live the life of a normal teenager. But of course things can't be normal for a demigod and with a luck as bad as me things were bound to downhill. All the things that Tartarus and Gabe said came flooding back into my mind. I couldn't deny them because I knew that what they said was true. I really am a waste of space.

Worthless.

Coward.

I needed something to do to keep my mind of these thoughts. I ran through different things that I do in such situations. Talk to Annabeth. No! Talk to Nico. He must probably busy. Besides no need to bother him. Talk to Dad. No need to worry him anymore. So that left me with only one option. An option I haven't considered in so many years.

Right now that was the only thing that could help in some way.

Sorry for going missing for so many days. :p

Next time that happens please send some Comment to remind that I have a Book to write.

Please VOTE and COMMENT. Or else I will lose my motivation to write this story.

Thank You for reading that Far :)

Yours truly,

Gauri or Jags.