Chapter Two

It took two weeks for Percy to fully recover from her battle wounds. She spent all of that time in the makeshift hospital, also known as the Apollo Cabin. The shortage of Ambrosia and Nectar took a huge toll on the remaining demigod population. Many were slowly dying out.

Percy had officially decided she had enough of the gods bullshit for a lifetime, and went to tell her father she was leaving to live with her mother for a long, long time.

"I'm out of this bitch," she said, flashing a peace sign at her father.

"Well geez, that's harsh. Percy, you know I would prefer if you stayed here, you would be much safer," he tells her, looking more stressed than he had in days.

"Dad, you know I'll be fine, I killed Gaea," it was concerning him, her joking about this so soon after all her friends died.

He kissed the top of her forehead and they said goodbye. She soon went to collect any of the belongings she wanted to take home from her cabin. She went to grab her glasses when she heard something flutter to the floor. Looking down she realized they were photos. Photos of her with all her friends. The friends that had died. Died when she got to live. Wiping away any tears that started to form, she bent down to pick up the pictures. Each one had a date and each one had a little message. She put them in a big Ziploc and put it in her bag. She got everything she needed and left.

The gods were really spoiling the shit out of their remaining children since most were dead. They created demigod safe electronics and cars so that any monsters couldn't track them because they honestly didn't want to lose any more children.

She picked up her stuff that had the symbol of her father and got into what was her new car, a black g-class with teal flames on it.

"Damn, gods got some style huh," she muttered to herself and got in.

The drive to her home in New York was long and tiring, but the moment she reached the apartment, a feeling of dread ran through her body.

'Something bad is about to happen' she suddenly thought.

The sight of the apartment door left half-open didn't ease her mind at all. In fact, alarm bells went off in her head. She quickly uncapped Riptide, ready to fight, when the stench of literal death hit her nose.

'What the fresh fuck?'

Pushing the door open with the front of the sword, she gasped. The blood splatter on the wall was very concerning.

As she slowly crept in she was trying to wrap her mind around where the blood was going to lead to. Finding her stepfather Paul on the floor, throat slashed, and legs missing, fucking missing; it took her no time to realize he was dead and went bolting through the rest of the rooms looking for her mother.

When she found the door with scratches all over it and bloodstains all over it, she assumed whatever had killed Paul chased her mother into the room. And Percy was highly doubting her mother was alive.

When Percy opened the door, she didn't know whether to be relieved or worried at the lack of blood and body in the room. Her mother was nowhere to be found. Percy searched the whole house and there was no sign of her mother. She was in no way relieved but had a spark of hope that maybe, just maybe, her mother was alive. She called the police because she wasn't going to leave Paul's body just laying there. The police quickly identified her and her alibi added up and so she was not a suspect, but they knew she was trouble. The thing is, even though Percy was not a criminal, she had a criminal record, and she legally required a guardian until she was at least twenty-one. Which sent the police into a frenzy for a two-day search to find her a new legal guardian. They looked into setting her up with the Blofis family but soon realized that wouldn't work out.

They then had to look into any family and biological file connected to Sally Jackson. And quickly a shocking discovery was made. The police were baffled to find this woman, with a barely stable job at times, living in the poorer parts of New York, was related to a billionaire. A fucking billionaire. Imagine hitting the jackpot like that. The rags to riches tale everyone in the press would eat up. But the missing sister was actually nowhere to be found, and the real trouble was trying to get her daughter into her brother's home.

Percy spent three days at the police station while the cops took their sweet time, dreading to call her newly found uncle. The famed Bruce Wayne.

_____________________________________

hope yall enjoy chapter two 

-inaya