Chapter Five

chapter five do be kinda long doe

_____________________________________

It would definitely take some getting used to. The girl looked nothing like Sally if Bruce was going to be honest, and there were not enough pictures on her father for him to fact check their features either. She had long waist-length black hair with three white streaks and 7-8 teal ones, tan skin littered with scars on the part they could see, sea-foam green eyes that looked almost like an ocean, relatively tall, and muscular, but not in a bodybuilder way, more of a subtle lean way, much like Talia Al-Ghul. She wore a white tank top, black leather jeans and jacket, with fingerless gloves, and six-inch heeled boots. The whole style really added to it. Essentially newly orphaned, with a criminal record. No father or mother, both "missing" if not dead, which didn't help at all. Bruce felt like a lost cause. And according to Dick she didn't seem to be phased in the slightest. They were all master detectives, and highly doubted she was aware of that, so her whole demeanor just freaked them out. Well, all except for Ko'ri and Ma'ri. Those two were having a blast seeing that there was another girl in the house.

When they all came down for dinner, Percy sat next to Ma'ri on her request. And Percy couldn't help but comply.

"So Percy, where do you go to school," Dick asked.

"Well, you see I graduated early with a masters in marine biology," she says rubbing her neck. The more she spoke, the more her accent peeked through. It was clearly a Bronx accent, but it wasn't as clear at first.

"Oh wow," Dick's eyes widened in shock. "How did you graduate so early,"

"There was a um, a- a PROgram for special people, like um with dyslexia and ADHD and stuff," oh something was definitely up. "Uh, yeah. A program. They basically put us all in a room and since we were good enough to graduate, we did," her eyes started darting in all different directions. Oh that wasn't sketchy at ALL.

"So, what drove you to do Marine Biology Madam Persephone,"Alfred asks, trying to tone down the tension.

"Oh, I've always loved Marine Life, and the biological structures of every individual animal is just so fascinating, and seeing that we've only discovered about 6% of the entire ocean leaves so much ocean yet to discover," seeing the lack of interest in some peoples face encouraged her to finish quickly. "I just think it's really cool."

"Well Madam Persephone, I fully believe if you are interested enough to devote your life to it, it must be more than just cool,"

"Yeah I guess," she says, shrugging her shoulders.

"When you truly believe in something, you must never back down from it," Alfred solemnly nods to himself.

" Yeah I know, but no one's listening anyways, so you know, why talk about it," she poked at her food, still staying quiet.

"I am listening, and as long as you are to stay here, I will listen." Alfred tells her.

Percy's phone starts to ring, drawing the attention of everyone at the table.

"I am so sorry, I have to take this." she stands, answers the call, and is instantly deafened by the sound of yelling; so loud that everyone at the table can hear the faint murmurs. She leaves the room, and the sounds of whisper shouting are heard, and only a few words are made out.

"Dad...no I came home...gone...baby...Sally...Bruce Wayne...I swear on the gods I'm going to stab you..." At that point the yelling ended, and Percy entered the room looking more anxious than when she left.