•7•

Still December 6th

***No one's POV

After a few minutes, or hours, the omega had calmed down and was playing with Jeongguk's hem of his shirt. The alpha was fully content, playing with Taehyung's hair and rubbing his back. It was an extremely comforting feeling for the teens.

"Tae." Jeongguk mumbled, in which Taehyung replied with a 'hm'. "You should come meet my mother, she can help with your lip." He suggested.

Taehyung nodded and moved away from Jeongguk, giving a small smile to show he was okay. The alpha grabbed the smaller hand and led him back down the stairs until they reached the living room.

"Mom, this is Taehyung." Jeongguk beamed proudly, knowing his mother would adore his mate. The elder woman whipped her head around incredibly quickly with a smile which was instantly replaced with a face of worry and concern.

"Oh honey what happened?!" She exclaimed, bringing Taehyung's face closer with her hand so she could examine the bruises and cuts among his eyes and lip. Taehyung shifted his eyes to Jeongguk, silently asking if it was okay to tell this woman the real reason, to which Jeongguk replied with a nod and a reassuring smile.

"Um, my mom is abusive." Taehyung said without a stutter, surprisingly. The mother's eyes widened with shock but soon returned to a loving look.

"I see. You can stay here as long as you want. Now let's fix your face." She replied, Taehyung nodded and followed Jeongguk's mother to the bathroom, where she pulled a med kit from the cabinet and gestured the omega to sit on the closed toilet seat. The alpha stood in the doorway, watching closely to make sure his mother didn't hurt his mate.

"Now this is gonna hurt." Mrs Jeon said holding a bottle of hydrogen peroxide. "Jeongguk, why don't you watch TV for a little while okay?" She said, knowing Jeongguk would get angry if he saw Taehyung in pain. The alpha nodded and hesitantly walked away.

"I'm sorry for the way he used to treat you, it's those friends of his I swear." Mrs Jeon muttered as she applied the liquid to a small cloth and inching closer to Taehyung's face.

"Y-yeah probably. Um, are you s-sure it's okay for me to stay here?" Taehyung asked, wincing as soon as he spoke as the woman had started to clean his cuts.

"Of course it is honey, how could I let someone go back to a place that puts them in danger? Besides, this is a good time for you and Jeongguk to get to know each other better." A sweet smile appeared on her face as she finished speaking, pulling away and grabbing a small band-aid for a small cut on Taehyung's eyebrow.

"I-I guess so." Taehyung replied with a small smile.

"Okay you're all done, let's go back downstairs." Taehyung nodded in response and was led back to the living room where he was met with Jeongguk flipping through channels on the TV, clenching the remote so hard you could hear the plastic start to break. "You can wait in the living room whilst I prepare dinner."

Jeongguk dropped the remote and turned his head to look at the omega, a smile beamed on his face as he beckoned the younger over. Taehyung slowly made his way over and sat in the space next to Jeongguk.

"How are you feeling Tae?" The alpha asked in the nicest tone he could possibly muster.

"U-um, I'm o-okay I guess." Taehyung replied, eyes shifting to the side as he tried not to think about his 'parent'. Jeongguk moved closer and held Taehyung's large hands within his own.

"Look at me Tae." The omega looked at Jeongguk timidly. "You're safe now, you don't have to think about it anymore. I'm here to protect you." Jeongguk smiled a genuine smile, showing he was serious.

"O-okay. " Taehyung rested his forehead on Jeongguk's sturdy chest, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. Jeongguk removed one of his hands from Taehyung's and placed it on the back of the younger's head. Taehyung looked up to meet the alpha's eyes and showed a small smile. "Thank you Ggukie." Jeongguk smiled back and moved Taehyung's head back close to his chest, enjoying the intimacy.

"Also, you look like a bunny."

*****

Please show your support by commenting and voting! <3

Random question: Who's your BTS bias?

My answer: Lowkey couldn't pick but, if I had to, I've always had a soft spot for Taehyung.