30 | Real Life

━━━━

━━━━

Lara laughed loudly as Jack showed her and Harry a magic trick, "Alright, now, hold the string, right?" Jack held an invisible string through Lara's ear, "Right here, grab it, feel it hold it tight, right?" She nodded, "Now... pull it, pull it fast, come on Lara Jean!" 

She yanked the invisible string and Jack's hand smacked her cheek loudly, her jaw dropped. "You little shite!" Jack was running through the set and Lara launched herself at him, hopping onto his back with ease. The fearful twenty-year-old caught Lara and kept her from falling.

"Say you're sorry!" Jack swung the girl around, even though she was 'angry', she giggled loudly before Jack shook his head no. Lara squeezed her legs around his hips and thanked God that the costumes for Fawnie this season were mostly pants. 

Those standing around the set watched the interaction with sly smiles, "What did I say?" Sophie mused from beside Antonia Killingbeck. Among those watching, was Lara's father. His eyes were slightly narrowed as Paul chuckled at the sight.

Cillian's face softened tenfold when Jack turned around and Cillian saw the enormous beaming smile on Lara's face. "I haven't seen her smile like that since..." He spoke more to himself, but the man beside him knew what Cillian was remembering.

Lara blew air into Jack's ear and he retaliated by releasing his hold on her legs, "AH!" She yelped loudly and clung to Jack like a koala. "HEY!" Jack cackled loudly as Harry recorded the entire interaction.

━━━━

━━━━

They stared at one another intently, the staring contest has been going on for ten minutes now. Lara felt her eyes watering and the need to blink became unbearable, she chewed on the corner of her bottom lip in order to ignore the dryness of her eyes. Jack's eyes left hers for only a moment to catch the movement and Lara tilted her head at him.

He blinked as he met her eyes again and Lara cheered loudly, "HA! HE BLINKED!" Her hand slammed on the table as the small audience that's gathered around them clapped for Lara. 

Packy Lee chuckled deeply, "Good job, Lara!" He patted her on the shoulder as a victorious grin made its way onto Lara's face.

"Pay up, Mr. Rowan." 

Jack sighed, "My wallet's in my trailer."

Lara narrowed her eyes at him, "Sounds like an excuse," He rolls his eyes as Lara bursts out laughing, "I'm fuckin' with you! You haven't got to pay me," Someone yells her name and she salutes Jack dramatically, "See ya later Mr. Gold."