iiii

Prologue

"Why are you here?"

A monotonous voice echoed in an old vacant house.

The group of high school students who trespassed inside the said empty house for a dare heard the voice and screamed in fright. They all scrambled around, hastily looking for the door, not caring about stumbling at all.

They only want one goal.

And that is to get out of the house and to get away as far as possible from the old and deserted place.

"No! I still want to live!"

"Don't leave me here!"

"Aaaaaaaaaah!"

A sigh was heard before a murmur echoed, "I was just asking. What's wrong with asking? I even let them in. Ungrateful. People nowadays don't have manners at all."

"Maybe because you didn't sound welcoming enough to them at all?"

A translucent figure materializes and sat on the window sill, overlooking the lawn that is now full of grown weeds. "But I was smiling to them!" With a sigh, he added "It's been so long since I was able to have a conversation with a living. I might have forgotten how to be welcoming at all... I forgot how to express excitement."

Another translucent being materializes in thin air. He hovers in the air for a while, golden dust falling around as he flapped his tiny wings, before he settled on the other's shoulder. "So long? You are over dramatic. You were just nervous. It's not your fault, Fluke."

"You know, you'll get scolded again for coming here."

"No they won't. Because I finished my tasks before coming here."

"Forest fairies should not wander outside the forest, Earth."

The tiny being flew in front of Fluke's face. Hovering near, he proudly said, "They can't stop me from visiting my old friend!"

Fluke let out a laugh, the earlier sadness of accidentally scaring people finally out of his mind. "I missed seeing the beautiful flowers in my memory. Now everything is full of weeds."

"If only you would let me, I would have done it a long time ago! The weeds keep on blocking the flowers, when is that person going to help the flowers?." Earth whined, continuing "Then, you might have the strength to walk outside the house again!"

Fluke furrowed his brows, unconsciously pouting his lips as he answered his friend, "I just don't want to get you in more trouble by using your magic here. You are already being scolded because of traveling outside your jurisdiction."

"I don't think it matters to them anymore, Fluke. It's more of a routine now, the scolding. Even when I don't visit you, I still got scolded." Earth replied in a huff, feeling really wronged.

Fluke looked at his old friend with a smile on his face. "Then, the next time you visit me, I'll let you help the garden."

Hearing that, the little fairy laughed merrily. He twirled around his friend, tiny body blinking in different colors as a sign of his happiness. "You finally said it! I'll come back tomorrow then! I don't care if that person comes! He doesn't know how to take good care of a garden anyway!" He exclaimed, saying more things about how he should have been taking good care of the said garden.

The two friends started talking nonstop–the little fairy talk about how his day was– until they noticed the flashing light in the forest. Someone is calling for Earth to come home already. Eyes widening, the old friends bid each other goodbye, one laughing while waving his hand and the other grumbling at the person calling for him home as he sped through the night.