Chapter 12

It was eerily silent on the way back to the cells. The guards dragged Merlin back to his while Morgana walked while being tightly held by the guards. Needless to say, the reaction of the knights was fairly interesting.

"Lady Morgana!" Leon exclaimed with wide eyes.

"Nice to see you too Leon," she grumbled as she was being shoved into the cell next to Merlin's. The guards continued to bring her into the cell confusing her.
"Wait what are you doing? They are free to walk around their cell!"

"Well unfortunately you are not," one of the guards said while chaining her to the wall.

"What? This is outrageous! You can't just chain me up in here! I will make your life a living he-"

The door slammed shut, cutting off whatever she was about to say.

"Guess you can't do that now," Gwaine taunted.

"You watch your tongue."

"Why should he? It's not like you can do anything to him from over there. Besides, it seems like now you are just a puppet for Edith to order around," Elyan remarked.

"Oh, you mean like Merlin?"

"I didn't-"

"Actually, it sounds like that is exactly what you meant. And for your information, Elyan, she does not control my magic."

"Well then what did she do to you?" Lancelot asked. "Surely those cuffs have some purpose to them. Otherwise I assume you wouldn't be here."

"They limit my magic, so I can't use it."

"So you're basically useless."

"I told you to watch your tongue, Gwaine!"

"Everyone stop!" Percival yelled.

They all promptly turned to him surprised to hear the quiet knight yell. Meanwhile, Percy was just looking at Merlin. Merlin sitting with his head on his knees with his arms tightly wrapped around himself. It looked like he was trying to block out everything.

"Merlin, are you okay?" Percy gently inquired.

"Oh he's a little fragile at the moment. Having trouble coming to terms with everyone seeing him as he truly is."

"You shut your mouth, witch!" Elyan yelled.

"I am a witch," she replied calmly. "And he's a sorcerer. We are no different Merlin, you and I."

"I am not like you, Morgana," he lifted his head so that he was now looking in front of him. "You use your power to bring suffering and destruction. You betrayed everyone who loved you."

"So did you! You left me to die! Everything I did was to bring about a better world for my people. Actually for our people Merlin! And, out of curiosity, why was it that you have done everything that you have done?"

"To protect Arthur! To bring about a new land! A better land for... for our people."

"Well well well... seems like we're not to different after all."

"Your methods are cruel! You are going about everything wrong."

"And your methods include poisoning your friends."

Merlin shook his head and went back to having his head on his knees. This was not a conversation he could handle at the moment.

"What... what is she talking about?" Leon asked.

Merlin gave a slight shake of his head. He couldn't talk about this now. Morgana seemed to have other thoughts about the subject.

"Let's just say your serving boy is not the innocent that you all assumed he was. Although looking at you now, I believe a couple of you already suspected that."