Chapter-1

It was only two days left for me to board the flight to Korea where I was being sent by my dear parents for my higher studies. Although I was not interested in taking Business Studies as my career, but I took it anyways as my parents asked me to. So, here I was heading to Korea as they have the best universities in this stream.

I was preparing my luggage when my friends called me and asked me to hang out with them for the last time before leaving for Korea as not all of them can make it to the airport for the last goodbye before leaving for Korea, and I happily agreed to it because you never know what will happen in the next 5years.

I got ready and head out of my room and see my parents sitting on the couch and... my mother was again getting emotional as she still couldn't face the fact that her dear little princess was now leaving for some other country all alone to study and make future. As she saw me, she ran towards me and gave me tight hug And after a big emotional moment, my mom let go of me and I left the house to meet my friends.

                                                                              -TIME SKIP-

As I reached the park, I see all my friends waving at me like madman. I run to them and we have our big group hug while laughing. After we break the hug, we sit and wait for my unnie who was on her way to the park from her hospital.

We were all having a great time talking and teasing each other and then I hear my unnie's voice from behind me. I turn around and see her walking towards us with a very serious expression. She was very much against me going to Korea for studying a subject that I did not have any interest in. But she did not say anything, instead, gave me her warmest hug and then we all head to the nearest restaurant. We have really great time and we were now heading out back to our home when suddenly my unnie said.

Unnie: Y/N if you are going to Korea, why don't you try out auditioning for becoming an Idol...

That made us all quiet and look at unnie and then at me.

Y/N: (laughing) Unnie are you serious???

Unnie: Does it not look like?

I look at her and stop laughing on seeing the serious expression on her face.

Unnie: You know that you were the best singer in our school days and you also know how to dance, and not to mention you have good visuals too....

My friends started laughing when unnie mentioned about my visuals while I just gave them a death glare. But after some seconds of teasing, they stop laughing and turn to look at me with their serious expression which unusual for these crack-heads.

Friend1: But seriously you know what Y/N! I think you should take that into consideration.

Friend2: Also don't forget that you wanted to become a singer when we were back in school.

Friend3: Yeah bro! You should give it a try and what if you get selected!!!

Friend4: Then what! She has to treat us for free-

They all started bickering until my unnie spoke loud and clear

Unnie: STOP!

There was complete silence which was broken by the one who created it...

Unnie: Y/N... you are going to study abroad to complete your parent's wish but what about your own? I know that my Y/N is very confident in her voice and had always wanted be great singer like (your favourite singer's name).Right?

I just simply nod as a reply and she continued with her very convincing speech containing very convincing arguments, I mean obviously she wasn't a major in Psychology for no reason...

Her voice so calm, her choice of words so simple yet carrying so deep meaning that I couldn't help but think... Think of how my life would be as a famous person- just like I had imagined it would be as a little girl- and also how proud I will be to be finally be able to break these borders on the road and built my own path which will be very different from what I am expected to build.

After unnie was finished with her speech, we all went back home after paying for our food.

                                                                                -TIME SKIP-

I went to bed and slept still thinking of what unnie had said and the same things were on my head for the rest of my days in India, the last 2 days on this soil that I would see after 5years of my college in Korea.