Queen in Distress

A/N: So this is my very first fic that I am publishing so please go easy on me. I have no idea who will be reading this but I hope it is something that people will enjoy

Happy Reading!

____________________________________________________________

This is absurd! She was put in shackles like a common thief by these two idiots under false pretences. And she knows exactly where they're taking her. The public chopping block – more formerly known as the public execution stage. Regina knows this looks bad, but despite her sudden panic she's determined to talk her way out. "I am the Queen!" she proclaims, "I'll prove it!"

"And how do you plan on accomplishing that?" the knight known as Rivers scoffs, his grip on her arm becoming tighter.

She has to stop herself from wincing, instead she tries to concentrate on choosing her words whilst being dragged towards the damned block. "I know things about you that no one else does." She says hating how her voice sounds exasperated. Well desperate times call for desperate measures.

"Oh really?" the other knight named Berkley answers giving her a rough shove for good measure. Regina noticed the block was now only about fifteen feet away.

"Yes!" she exclaims appealing to Rivers, "I hired you a year ago, despite your drunkenness and you–" she turns to face Berkley knowing the block was nearing ten feet away, "you–uh!" but was cut off by the chickens that were trying to flap out of their path. Only five feet left. "I had you flogged last spring for lateness!" They pushed her up the steps and onto the stage of the chopping block and Regina says in a last attempt "How would I know that?"

"I'm not liking her any better." Rivers sneers as he moves her into position behind the block.

"Let's cut off her head." Berkley responds as he picks up the axe resting against the same bloodstained chopping block that Rivers slams her neck onto, causing Regina to grunt. Rivers holds her steady with a bone crushing grip.

Berkley raises the axe above his head. Looks like tine's run out. As a last resort Regina yells out "Rumpelstiltskin!" as the axe comes swinging down...

Suddenly there's a swoosh! And Berkley jerks his swing away from its current course, causing the axe to fall out of his grasp and clatter to the floor.

Regina gasps in shock and snaps her head in the direction of the commotion as Rivers has released the grip he had on her neck. When she turns her head, she sees that Berkley is struggling as he has an arrow lodged in his arm. Taking advantage of the distraction Regina moved her head from the chopping block and tries to go backwards just as she hears a sword being unsheathed. She lifts her to see a green cloaked figure armed with a bow aiming to attack Rivers and discovers that Rivers was the one to unsheathe the sword. The figure kicks Rivers in the stomach causing him to stumble backwards and off of the stage. Regina quickly shuffles over to the edge of the stage in an attempt to stay out of the way, Berkley then goes in for an attack which the figure dodges and then uses their bow to knock them down.

Regina manages to stand up, dazed as to exactly what is going on as she hears the clash of metal on metal. She looks around for a way down but is unable to find one in the continuous chaos.

Suddenly, Regina feels a searing pain in her right thigh. She cries out as she loses her balance and falls from the stage, faintly aware of the hands that are grabbing her as she falls. But when she tries to stand up all she can feel is pain as her right leg gives out beneath her, causing her to let out a whimper as she falls to the floor.

As she lays in a heap on the floor, Regina hears the grunts of Rivers and Berkley. She looks up in a haze to see they're lying on the floor in front of the stage. She then feels several hands helping her stand as her gaze darts towards the figure on the stage, still covered by their hood.