Healing Hearts

Chapter 5: Healing Hearts

A/N: This chapter didn't really turn out how I wanted it to as I sort of had to rush to finish it, but I hope you will still enjoy it.

Please comment if you're liking this story! I would love to know your thoughts and what people are thinking when they are reading this. Please! I need feedback!

Ok I'll stop rambling - Enjoy! :)

____________________________________________________________

He may or may not have lied that he had an errand to run. In all honesty Robin just needed an excuse to get his emotions in check. It has been a long time since he had confided in someone about Marian's death. Sure, his men were supportive during it all and he knew he could tell them anything, but they had each felt the effects of his late wife's passing in different ways. And at the time none of them had known how they should go about their grief. Robin especially.

So, the thief learned to bury his grief as he came to the conclusion that, it was for the best. He very well couldn't be a leader for his men or a father to his son if he let himself become lost in the agony that carried a hole in his heart.

But in saying that, Robin did allow himself the time to wallow during the quiet moments, often found when he would wander the woods alone, especially during the first year. He would let himself cry, yell or scream to his heart's content. Sometimes it would ease the heaviness in his heart. Other times it just added to the weight.

His men offered their support to the best of their abilities, and Robin was – is – grateful. They helped make it easier for him to keep going, though in the beginning it was difficult to wake up and get on with a new day.

The only thing Robin would wake up for at first, was his son. The only real joy that was left in his life at the time. Initially, Roland couldn't understand why his mother had to leave them and Robin's heart would break each time the boy would ask if she was ever coming back. The thief would smile sadly as he told his son that his mother couldn't come back to them, no matter how much they wanted her to. Robin would then continue to say how she would always be watching over them from heaven and would keep them safe.

Over time it became easier as the outlaw slowly accepted Marian's death, but he would never forget it. But instead of looking back on the memories with sadness and longing, Robin now remembers them with happiness and fondness.

So, it had surprised him when he was talking with Wilma at how easily the conversation flowed and at how his grief had resurfaced in an almost unbearable way and with a sudden sense of guilt as the memories that washed over him were ones he had not thought about in a long time. Too long in his opinion.

Robin can't understand it. He just gets this feeling that could talk to her about everything and anything. It's strange really, especially seeing as he hasn't ever expressed his feelings in front of anyone since Marian died. He doesn't know what came over him. All he knows is that once he saw the understanding and caring look in her eyes mixed with the soft touch of her hand against his, the emotions he had buried deep within his heart abruptly resurfaced and it all became too much.

So, he made an excuse to leave. But even as he was going in search of Tuck his smile had remained on his face as he thought of her comment. It makes him wonder if she feels a similar way, if she feels as though she could tell him things she wouldn't tell others. But even with her thoughtfulness he still needed some time to himself.

He had found Tuck rather quickly and was grateful and relieved that his friend was more than willing to keep Wilma company without needing a proper explanation. After thanking the friar Robin made his way into town as it would be easier to cover up his lie that way.