Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Lollipop

I woke up peacefully this morning; I washed my face without screaming, and there were no flying shoes.

Imagine that, I got to eat breakfast quietly. Ain't it crazy?

I'm lying down on the sofa while watching the morning news, just doin' some responsible teenage-ing. Is teenage-ing a word? I hope it is.

"...and for today's forecast, why not take a walk outside? It's cloudly and the temperature–" the weatherman's voice faded when I felt my phone vibrate, it was Gus.

Gus:
Hey, I made you a playlist.
Lend it your ears if you have time, maybe you'll find inspiration there.

He sent a link of the playlist. He called it "Claudia!"

Aunt Laura entered the house with eight grocery bags on her. I put my phone down, and decided to be a nice nephew.
"Well, at least your dad has a car. I don't have to call Roman to give me a lift." She chuckled.
I raised a brow and asked, "Isn't he the guy who gave you that sketchy business proposal?"
"He was, and I didn't take his offer..."
"Why is he still talking to you–" I put the groceries on the dining table.
"BUT! He said he'll stop asking me if he could ask me out."
"What?"
"Of course, I said yes. I mean, now I can go to the grocery  store without having to walk to Iverson to take the bus." She joked, "Oh, and he has a cool bobblehead on his dashboard!"
"So you're finally dating?" I sat back down on the sofa.
"Oh, no. After a week he texted me, and told me that he's gay."
"Oh, shit..."
"I know right? I mean, more power to him!"
"Wait... so why is he helping you get groceries?"
"I'm trying to get him and the cashier guy together. Turns out they're both gay!" She shouted, "I mean... two less lonely people, right?"

She laughed and started arranging the thing she bought.

She's really lonely... so fucking lonely...

I picked up my phone, and Gus messaged again.

Gus:
Are you coming over today?

Me:
nah, i kinda wanna jus lie down today
maybe walk around the plaza
depends on my mood, rly

Gus:
Ohh
Just listen to the playlist I sent you
If you have time, I mean...
Tomorrow then?

Me:
yeah sure

Gus:
Sure on what? The listening? The meeting?

I didn't answer after that. I'll just let him do his thing and I'll do mine... which is watching the morning news like a responsible teenager...

I'm fucking bored.

"Aunt Laura! Can I go to the plaza?" I shouted.
"Right now?"  She shouts back from the kitchen.
"Yeah! I'm kind of really bored!"
"Just be back for lunch! I'm cooking chicken parmesan!"
"Damn, that's good." I whispered to myself, "Just leave me some! Thanks!"

I got up, and I went in my room to change clothes.

As much as I like to walk around wearing booty and an oversized tee, I also don't want to feel too cold out.

I wore the joggers that Gus gave me, it just feels really comfy; a black t-shirt that says Lonely on the front, and Pretty on the back; lastly, sneakers. No, not the candy bar.

I grabbed my headphones and went out.

As the weatherman said, cloudy. But I guess it was extra cloudy here, the sky is really fucking gray. Maybe I should've brought an umbrella with me?

!Claudiaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें