Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Lilac

"Can you please just leave us alone, Gerald?!" I heard yelling from inside the house.

I guess my date with chicken permission will be suspended...

I took a deep breath before walking in on my dad and my aunt shouting at each other.
"You wouldn't have this house if it weren't for Adeline!" Dad yelled.
"Don't you even bring her up you lying cheat!" Aunt Laura aggressively threw a towel at him.
To get back at her, dad tossed a mug on the floor; the shards flew everywhere.
I jumped in to protect Aunt Laura.

"Did I miss anything?" I sarcastically asked, "Why are you guys fighting?"
Dad sighed, "Nothing, sweetheart, it was just a misunderstanding-"
"Oh really? Shattering my favorite mug because of your misunderstanding?" I rebutted.
"You're father's a leech!" Aunt Laura yelled, "Haven't done anything since he got here! He's eating our food, sleeping in MY room, and now he's asking for me to sign papers so he could take the house!"
"You lying witch~" Dad and Aunt Laura's yelling slowly became white noise as I try to process things.

I thought if you showed up for once, things would be better...
I'd finally have someone to call a parent, someone I could pour my problems to...
But no, you were just using us for your benefit.

You fucking parasite.

I walked up to dad, and slapped him as hard as I can.
"You're a piece of shit. Has anyone told you that?" I pushed him put of the way, and marched to my room.
"Claudia, sweetheart-" He grabbed my arm.
"Shut the fuck up!" I pulled my arm away, "Get out of our home!"

I slammed the door in my room and just stood in front of it before unleashing my rage.
I threw everything on my desk across the room, my chair's no upside down, and my guitar picks scattered on the floor.
I screamed into my pillow and nearly broke my vocal chords.

Why am I so affected by this? I know he can't take the house, Aunt Laura won't let him. But why am I so affected?

My phone rang, it was Gus.

I answered the call.
"Hey-"
"Hey Gus, can we meet up? I'm at Aurora's right now." I quickly said.
"O-Sure... can I tell you something-"
"Okay, thanks. See you in a bit." I hung up.

I took my bag and booked it out of the house.

My mind was too clouded, the voices in my head were shouting at me.

You're too naive!

You really believed in him, huh?

If he was a good father, he would've been with you since birth!

What a childish mind you have...

I sprinted to Aurora's as fast as I could. I got there a few seconds before Gus did. He was about to go about before I gestured him to just stay inside.

I was still panting when I got inside his truck.
"Okay..." I took a deep breath, "...I'll give you directions, you drive."
"Wait, where are we going?" He asked.
"Somewhere quiet, now can we please go?" I slammed his truck.

We pulled out of Aurora's and drove away.

I didn't know where to go so I relied on chance to take me somewhere peaceful. I drove pass Iverson Uni., the playground, the grocery store, and even Aurora's Diner... twice!

Eventually we got to the forest reserve and I told him to stop.

We sat in his truck for a good minute.
"What now?" He asked.
I don't know either, Gus. I'm lost.
I removed my seatbelt and stepped out of the truck.