9💚

Kayla's pov 🤍

So it was finally Friday the day of the party and I was so Psyched. After the week I've had I needed to get out of my head and let loose. Me and Daija were so excited that we decided we'd skip last bell and go shopping for outfits to wear to the party.

I was currently stuck in fifth bell waiting for the lunch bell to ring. That's when we were going to leave but times going really slow. I noticed someone hovering over me so I looked up to see who it was. "Daija what you doing in here" I questioned. "Girl I walked out, the bell's taking forever to ring so I figured I'd come see what you were doing" she told me. "Haha girl you gon get enough of walking out of class" I warned.

"Yea aight" she stated while sitting in the desk next to me. We were in Mr. Hughes's class and he didn't care what we did as long as we didn't walk out so Daija was good. "So you ready for the party" she asked. "Girl yes I seriously need a break I feel like I went through hell this week" I explained. "I feel you sis I need a release too"

*RINNNGGGG*

"Finally I was beginning to think the bell was never gonna ring" I said getting my stuff and leaving. "Forreal, cmon though we gotta go" Daija rushed. "Aight I'm coming" I Said walking quickly after her.

We left out the side door so we didn't get caught and made our way to the parking lot. "Aight so what mall you wanna hit up first" Daija asked. "Oh let's go to Olives I heard they got a sale going on" I suggested. "Yes and they clothes cute too" Daija said starting the car.

As we drove I looked out the window and just let my mind wonder. I'd been through so much in the last couple of weeks and I still maintained a bright smile somehow. My grandma always used to tell me if you can keep a smile on your face in spite of the pain then you can get through it. So I kind of just always carried that with me.

Just as I was zoned out in my own lil world. My phone vibrated and knocked me out of my thoughts. I looked at it and it was a text from Tayvon.

Tay💙
Wea you at shordy ion see you in the cafe

Oh I skipped lunch I'm wit my friend

Word?

Yea we going shopping for sum fits to wear at the party

Oh Yeah you did tell me bout that

Mhm

I might stop by and see wassup up wit you

Word?

Lol yes ma'am

Bett

Aight ima hit you up ltr tho

Ok

"Aye you never did tell me what you were smiling about the other day at lunch" Daij stated. "Girlll you right I forgot damn my bad" I apologized. "Aight so boom it's this boy Tayvo-" I said before she interrupted.
"Wait a minuteTayvon" she said with a questioning look on her face. "Yea" I said confused. "Tall, dark skin, waves, always in some shit" she described.