13💚

Kay's pov 🤍
I walked in the house but was immediately stopped once I stepped foot in the door. Ughhh Keshawn bout to say some bullshit I can already feel it. "Where were you last night and most of today" key questioned. "Key I don't got time for this I'm really tired" I stated not trying to argue. "What were you doing that you're so tired" he questioned more.

I really was exhausted and I honestly didn't have it in me to sit right here and go questions for questions with him. I was trying to avoid a argument but he was annoying the fuck outta me right now.

"Key you not my daddy i don't know how many times I gotta keep telling you that" I snapped. "I'm gonna do what the hell I wanna do and you can't do a thing about it" I continued. "And when you be out there fucking with all these girls I don't say anything, I don't stop you or get in your way" I explained. "I let you do you cause who am I to tell you what you can and can't do, it's your life" I stated.

"I love you and I know your intentions start off good but they never end that way, you can't control me key ...... it's my life" I shouted walking away with tears streaming down my face.

I went upstairs stairs to go take a shower. I felt like that's what I needed in that moment. To stand under the hot water and wash away all the anger and stress I had previously been through. To have the water run down my body and feel all the anguish and melancholy run down the drain. And for just a short
minute in time, be weightless as though I had no one nor no problems to weigh me down.

After I got out the shower I wrapped my towel around myself and went in the room to go change. When I opened the door I saw daij laying in her bed with a concerned look on her face.

"You heard all of that didn't you" I asked. "Yea, Pooh I'm sorry,  you know he's only a dickhead cause he cares" she reminded. "Yea I know but sometimes it's just too much" I stated. "True" she agreed. As we were talking we heard the front door downstairs close.

Bestie 🤍🤞🏽
Since you feel like I be in tha way you don't gotta worry bout me no more.

"Girl keshawn be on bullshit look at this" I stated showing her the text. "He just hurt Kayla he don't mean it" daija reassured. Bringing me into a comforting hug.

"Man I don't care, I'm not about to keep dealing with this, if he want to be like that then fuck it" I declaired wiping the tears from my face.

"Alright Kay look go put on something comfy and meet me downstairs, we can make popcorn and binge watch Netflix til our eyes hurt okay" she stated trying to make me feel better. "Okay daij" I answered back letting her know that I was down.
______________________________

Keshawn's pov 🖤
After all that crazy shit went down at Kayla's house. I just left, It was too much going on for me and I needed to clear my head. I tend to get butt hurt about things and say stuff I regret. Like that text I sent kay for instance. I didn't mean it when I said she don't gotta worry about me any more.

It just upset and hurt me that she feels like I'm a burden to her. When all I'm trying to do is look out for her and protect her from all the bum niggas I know are tryna come her way. But then at the same time I felt like I should just fall back, Im not trying to be in the way of anybody's happiness. Especially hers, I love kay and if she want me to bag back then thats what I'm going to do.

But aside from my problems with Kayla I've been dealing with so much other shit. Like looking for a job, I know mama Scott said I can stay as long as I want. But this whole burden shit with Kay got me thinking. Now that I'm staying with Ray that's another mouth that mama Scott has to feed. I'm not going to free load at her house. I've got to start pulling my weight.

I know that she doesn't mind and looks at me as her own but I don't want to make things harder on her. So what ever I can do to help, I'll do. I've applied to a couple different jobs. Just trying my hand at any thing that connects to a bag. When I moved into mama Scott's house she told me very clearly. Not to go selling drugs trying to make ends meet and that she handles the bills, if she needs help she'll ask for it.

So any kind of money I make has to be legal. Which isn't always the easiest way to make fast money. But I'm going to respect her wishes and hustle the hard way. So I applied for a job at footlocker and a take out position at Pizza Hut.

I want to help contribute since she helped me. I mean if it wasn't for her I'd be sleeping in my car and missing days of school right now. I just want her to know I appreciate everything she has done for me. I've had a lot going on these last few weeks from finding a home to finding a job. And now since I don't have Kayla to vent to about my struggles.

I'm just trying to keep my head up and persevere through the bullshit. As I finished that last thought I pulled into the drive way and turned the car off. I unlocked the front door walking into the house towards the coat rack. I took my jacket off and headed upstairs. After the stressed out day I've had I just wanted to take a shower and a nap.

I opened my room door getting ready to walk in the bathroom to take my shower. When out the corner of my eye I noticed something stuck on my pillow. I looked and it was a note. Won't be home til late tonight working a later shift, order something to eat.  love y'all -mama.

I looked to the left of me and on Rays bed was the same note. I guess she wanted to make sure that we found it. I took off my clothes and grabbed my towel, going in the bathroom to get in the shower. I took a long hot shower to really just think and process everything I'd been going through lately. Sometimes a long shower is needed for that you know?

When I got out I put on a white tee and some shorts. I laid down and began to fall asleep.

*******************************************
Questions 😉
1. Do you think that Keshawn will find a good job?

2. Or will he go back to dealing?

3. Do you think Kayla and Keshawn will talk it out anytime soon?