Dumbledore's Army

*Third Person (early October) 

"we need a proper teacher Harry, please" Hermione was lecturing Harry as they walked to Divination and he groaned "Hermione I'm not a teacher-" "You're a better one than Umbridge, I'm surprised if she even knows what the Patronus spell is!" Hermione whined and he huffed, walking in and tossing his bag down. "is it a double class today?" Hermione asked and Harry smiled when he noticed Simon coming in with Eva. 

"Yep" Harry said, setting his books down. Draco came in shortly after and came to Harry's desk. "Good morning cutie, I love seeing this big smile on your face" Draco said softly, rubbing his thumb over Harry's cheek and he giggled. "Draco can you please tell Harry that we need a proper DADA teacher and actually practice the spells" Hermione said and Draco slowly ran his fingers through Harry's shortish hair that was slowly growing back from last summer. 

"She's right baby, Umbridge wouldn't teach us that stuff and you're pretty good in Defense against the dark arts" Draco said softly and Harry smiled lightly, going to look down but Draco put his knuckle under his chin and lifted it back up. "Don't look down my love, you know we're right. You don't make eye contact when someone is right and you don't want it to be" Draco said softly and Harry stuck his tongue out at him. "Everyone hates me anyway why would they learn how to do spells from me" Harry whined and Draco kissed his forehead. "We'll talk about this after okay? 'Mione meet me in Hogsmeade later- where's the ginger?" Draco said, looking up and noticing Ron wasn't there- soon enough he came sprinting into the class room, out of breath. "Thanks for waking me up Harry!" Ron huffed, sitting down in the middle of Harry and Hermione. 

"Kiss?" Harry said softly, looking up at Draco and he looked around the almost full classroom now. "Too many people right now Lion-" "you said we didn't have to hide anymore" Harry whined shyly, looking down as he played with his hands. Draco smiled a bit and went to bring his chin up again to kiss him but Professor Trelawney came in and told everyone to quiet down so Draco brushed his cheek to make him look back up and sat at the table close by with Pansy and Blaise.

*~*

Draco waited patiently for Hermione after the day ended and she smiled, noticing the blonde. "So I need to talk to you.." Draco said slowly, opening the door to the three broom sticks for her and they sat at a booth. "okay listen, I might need to break up with Harry next year.." Draco said slowly and her face went pale. "Why Draco? He loves you with all his heart.. you know that right? you guys have been together for like 2 years and everyday he wakes up with a smile because of you.. you can't break his heart like that" "it's to protect him, listen.." Draco said slowly, leaning in a bit to whisper. 

"my father is forcing me to get my dark mark next year, meaning I'm going to be 'chosen' to do something bad.. Voldemort is going to use me to get to Harry if he knows i'm with him and I don't want him to hurt my Lion. You can't mention it at all until everything is over got it? I over heard my father talking to my mum about Voldemort rising more and more and I can't just stop my father from being one of his followers.. all i'm saying is something bad is going to happen and Harry is already in the middle of it.. I just don't want him hurt" Draco said, burning tears in his eyes as he talked and she grabbed his hands.

 "Draco I understand what you're getting to but you have to understand breaking up with him will make it worse. I haven't seen Harry this happy in a while, please just keep your guy's relationship completely secret. No more friendly to each other or people- Snape and others will get suspicious. I don't want Harry hurt but I don't want him heart broken either. Find a different way please" Hermione said and he bit his lip softly. 

"what we need to do is form a group to practice spells, the future will happen when it happens but right now we're learning nothing in DADA and Harry is our key" "He thinks everyone hates him" Draco said, pulling his hands out of her grip to take a sip of his Butterbeer. "they don't believe him because of what the prophet has said about him. Luna has started to convince some of the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff people, we just need to get Gryffindor under control so they stop hurting Harry like that" Hermione said and he nodded, clearing the foam from the top of his lip.