Finish What We Started

*Third Person

Harry just watched Snape's memories in the pensive and he realized what he had to do. He left the office and walked down the stairs, kicking a rock down them. Hermione and Ron were sat at the bottom. "There you are Harry! we were worried you might of gone to the forest" "I'm headed there now" Harry said bluntly and Hermione stopped him. "what? why! you can't go there" Hermione said and Harry fixed his glasses. "I think you've known for a while, I'm a Horcrux 'Mione. I have to die" He said and she couldn't accept it- she jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly, crying.

"After I'm gone, its just the snake and it'll all be over" Harry said and she let go of him, wiping her face. "I love you both, thank you" Harry said softly and Ron hugged him, when he let go, Harry could see the tear dripping down his face. "You're like a brother to me Harry- not that I don't have enough of them already" Ron said, lightening the mood a bit and Harry weakly smiled. "You're the brother I never had, Ron. Hermione, I could never find someone as brilliant as you however far I look I know you'll always be the one" "oh shut up Harry" Hermione huffed, crying with a smile and he gave another little smile. 

Harry gripped Ron's hand, shaking it firmly and kissed Hermione's cheek as she did the same. "what about Draco?" Ron said as he walked down the stairs and he stopped. "can you guys tell him?" Harry said and Hermione wiped her face. "no, you have to Harry.." she said and he sighed, leaving them on the staircase to find the blonde.

"Draco" Harry said and the blonde turned around, "What's wrong-" Draco was cut off by Harry kissing him gently. "listen, I don't want you to say anything or try to stop me. I'm a Horcrux, one Voldemort never meant to make. I have to go to the forest. If I die, I want you to stay strong please. Don't shatter, smile at memories of us and never in a million years forget I love you with all my heart. I want you to be happy, even if it's without me. Don't forget me please" The tears in Harry's eyes kept building up as he talked and they soon dripped down his face. "Harry.. please" Draco said softly and Harry kissed him again. 

"you'll be okay baby" Harry said, opening the boy's hand and putting the rose he gave him last year. Draco looked down at it and Harry grabbed his other hand. "look" Harry said, holding his hand out to show the promise ring on his finger. "I never took it off and make sure no one else does" Harry said and Draco shook his head, not able to speak. "I can't do it without you-" "you can Draco, I know you can. I'll always be right here" Harry put his hand on Draco's heart and the blonde couldn't stop himself from crying. 

"Promise me something" Draco said softly and Harry looked him in the eyes. "come back even if I can't see you.. stay with me please" "of course sweetheart" Harry said, brushing the tears off his slightly dirty face. "I love you Harry.. you've made me so happy even when I thought there wasn't happiness left inside me" Draco said, leaning his forehead against Harry's and the brunette smiled a bit. "I love you too Draco, more than anything in this world. I have to go now, stay strong and win this for me" Harry said, slowly walking away but Draco grabbed his hand and pulled him back- kissing him one last time. "I had too" Draco said, letting him and Harry nodded, waving a bit to him as he ran out of the castle.

Draco slowly walked through the rubble, the death eaters weren't there anymore as Voldemort called them off so he went to find the Weasley's. They were in the great hall with everyone else, Ron was sat with Hermione on the benches- she was rubbing his back slowly as he cried into his hands. "Draco.. are you okay?" "how can I be" Draco replied to Hermione and she frowned, grabbing his hand and he sighed, wiping his tears with the other hand. "we'll be okay.." she said, choking back tears too and he looked at the rose in his hand- he could tell Harry put a charm on it to keep it alive, only one petal was missing from the healthy flower. 

"he gave me back the flower" he said and Hermione looked up at him. "He really did love you Draco" Hermione said softly and Draco smiled slightly. "I know.. I never thought I'd be very close friends with Gryffindors" Draco teased a bit and she smiled, nodding. "Where's Mrs. Weasley?" Draco asked and Ron looked up, pointing over to the corner- she had made everyone sandwiches. "thanks, i'll be back in a bit" he said softly and they nodded.