prelude : mark's saturday thoughts

Donghyuck Lee defies any stereotype of a boss, secretary Mark Lee thinks.

(It's not that Mark likes reading those premium stories, okay? He wants to support writers and he just has a lot of time until 3 AM, like, every night.)

First of all, none of those stories is about your long lost childhood friend suddenly being a CEO. Mark had been the role model student with straight As, good track record and stuff. But the infamous performer who dances and sings well from his high school, Haechan, became the boss of him.

They were sharing a room for 3 years. It was a blessing in disguise since Mark couldn't cook to save his life. At first, the two didn't get along well, but then Mark got to understand that not all the best people are the people he thought were and vice versa. It became obvious later that Haechan was the best type of person who kept him above the waters which are how tough study and extracurricular activities were.

Alternatively, Mark started to develop a crush towards everyone's crush after rooming with the most affectionate person ever. What's amazing is how he managed to keep his feelings for himself for those three years, even when he'd wanted to kiss him every time he wakes up with the ball of sunshine beside him. He's told absolutely no one about how much he wants to kiss the hell out of Donghyuck's gorgeous face and plump lips.

It's crazy how life works, how his crush who'd never gotten to know Mark's feeling towards him is now his boss. I mean, give Mark a break, Lee Donghyuck used to cook the most delicious breakfast for Mark on his bed!

Anyways, Mark's been through a long road to accepting that he was less successful than a dancer, but he came to an understanding after seeing how witty Donghyuck is. It's precisely because he's so unconventional, which is the polar opposite of orthodox Mark, that he was able to find the most efficient, undiscovered way to deal with defect matters. He invents a lot of methods that proved to be revolutionary, seeing as how his company manages its way as the best recycling company.

Donghyuck manages to be a CEO of the first private trash management company he's built himself at a very young age, now a well-known establishment that goes under the name of Neo Culture Technology. Some people envy him, some people don't believe him, but after those people met him, they're filled with only positive thoughts on him. That's just how big of an impact he has, so he's rather infamous. However, not many know of about his right hand Mark Lee, who's been with the CEO dubbed King of Trash.

One day prior to the very first meeting of the few department heads, government officials, and shareholders, Donghyuck had been very nervous and anxious. Mark had tried to console him, but the newly minted boss had rejected his mollifying touch, which hurt Mark more than he was willing to admit.

"Donghyuck, you have the power to naturally draw people to you, but it will all be worthless if you reject them." He spat it to his emotionally unstable partner and regretted it immediately after leaving him alone.

Later then, at night, Donghyuck showed up on the door of Mark's cheaply rented apartment. Mark had awkwardly opened it to reveal the pungent smell of similarly cheap alcohol. The to-be-secretary hadn't planned on drowning in beer since he had really low alcohol tolerance, but he didn't drink more than he was capable of taking on.

And then Donghyuck just broke down, apologizing while forcing a deluging amount of water down his throat. Thinking back, Mark probably shouldn't have cried with him, but there's a lot of water that was on his body, okay? They had made up that night, Donghyuck sleeping over Mark's house and huddled up to him, barely avoiding the vomit Mark struggles to contain right after waking up.

Donghyuck laughed a lot at him on breakfast, and as much as Mark wants to prohibit him from eating breakfast, Donghyuck was the one who cooked it. If they had thought about the sleepover the normal way, it isn't normal. However, they were roommates of 3 years, bound by the broken heart of Donghyuck, the said man never minding about such propriety and Mark was recovering from a hangover.